By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Day 1 WiiU owner, and just got a notification my username was innappropriate after using it for over 2.5 years

wait Nintendo has gamertags. I own a Wii U and never knew this

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
They're crazy on Miiverse. For nodded so many times. Pretty much any screenshot I post, somebody was calling spoilers. One was a totally black screen with the words "the end".

Yeah, that was me.  And it's because you completely ruined that ending for me.

By the way, I'm just kidding.

yeah I emailed there support staff. Now just waiting for a response. If they take too long I'll just give in and call them.

sborwege said:
yeah I emailed there support staff. Now just waiting for a response. If they take too long I'll just give in and call them.

Good luck.  I emailed them after they called me a bully for speaking badly about Andrea in the Walking Dead--after they posted a picture speaking badly about Andrea themselvesv while watching TWD on TVii!!  The email they replied with said that after reviewing my post, I was still in violation!!

All I said was "Andrea, you're not a damsel in distress!  You're a butt-kicker!!  An annoying butt-kicker!!" And I was warned that I could be banned... for bullying a fictional character.  She was kicking the Governor's ass, though.

cutzman25 said:
wait Nintendo has gamertags. I own a Wii U and never knew this

How could you not know this?

Around the Network

What the heck

RolStoppable said:

He doesn't mess with the system because it's kind of an amateur console. Meaning that he bought it for the kids.

That's kind of where I was thinking the intent was headed. Gotta love it.

V-r0cK said:
If you change your name do you still get to keep all of your digital purchases?

yes because it's tied to the counsel.  Even if my son buys a game on his account It shows up on mine and vicsa versa.

so after contacting Nintendo support, the first lady had to talk talk to a higher rank person to figure out the full details. What it boils down to is it was technically my fault. I changed my Mii nickname to friendcode as well so it would show up when racing online in Mario Kart(still took them a year to catch it.) But when it shows friendcode in Mario Kart and friendcode is my username it violates the policy of sharing NNID's over miiverse. I do think that policy is stupid but I do understand where they would consider it a violation. Just had to change my Mii's nickname, and they said there is no issue with my NNID.