By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X "Story Trailer"

So with the Telethia being there, I guess that confirms, this does happens in a very very very distant future after the events of XC.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

Awesome trailer.

I was planning on waiting for a little while after launch to get it, but now...

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh man, the game looks too gorgeous to really care about that :D

Im thinking, "if they look like ass on a small youtube video, when they're on my 50" tv things arent exactly going to improve".

I don`t think footage of the game on a youtube video is a good representation of the actual visuals of the game, to be honest. I`ve had moments where the actual game looked better than what I saw on a video. I think sometimes the quality doesn`t look as good on a youtuve video.

Though I agree that some parts don`t look so great from the video.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hey guys. When you reply to a pointless comment, you legitimize it.

Don't encourage that type of behavior.

Goodnightmoon said:
Tachikoma said:

Im thinking, "if they look like ass on a small youtube video, when they're on my 50" tv things arent exactly going to improve".

Well, I don´t know what you were exactly expecting from a WiiU,  not the best console to play on a 50" TV to be honest. And I don´t know why you feel the need to downgrade the game everytime you see a lot of people happy about it, i really don´t. Is not like people is buying WiiU games for being technically mind-blowing. You have to agree that this game is an amazing achievement on the console.

And btw I´m afraid of your future analysis about the game next week. Because I really don´t know if you are going to do an actual objective analysis from a gamer perspective with everything that you are disapointing but also impress about or from someone trying to shout some Nintendo fans mouths for unknown reasons only highlighting every bad detail of the game from a cold tecnicall perspective. I really hope it´s a fair analysis and not a clickbait one but I don´t really know what to expect.

If you are looking for a tech analysis, then you'll get one, if you're looking for a circle jerk and a reassuring pat on the back, i would suggest avoiding it.

After all, it seems you're already prepping yourself to write off any negatives the analysis brings up as "just hating on it", anyway.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Well, I don´t know what you were exactly expecting from a WiiU,  not the best console to play on a 50" TV to be honest. And I don´t know why you feel the need to downgrade the game everytime you see a lot of people happy about it, i really don´t. Is not like people is buying WiiU games for being technically mind-blowing. You have to agree that this game is an amazing achievement on the console.

And btw I´m afraid of your future analysis about the game next week. Because I really don´t know if you are going to do an actual objective analysis from a gamer perspective with everything that you are disapointing but also impress about or from someone trying to shout some Nintendo fans mouths for unknown reasons only highlighting every bad detail of the game from a cold tecnicall perspective. I really hope it´s a fair analysis and not a clickbait one but I don´t really know what to expect.

If you are looking for a tech analysis, then you'll get one, if you're looking for a circle jerk and a reassuring pat on the back, i would suggest avoiding it.

After all, it seems you're already prepping yourself to write off any negatives the analysis brings up as "just hating on it", anyway.

Though you are correct, and opinions are opinions but the only thing i'll complain about is it feels like you say the same thing or something similar every time there is a XCX discussion (whether its pics/vid)

Pls dont take offence.....

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I didn´t suggest that, in any way. I´m just feeling that you are going to do that thread without the best intentions. Call me crazy.  I accept criticism, but if I focus only on the bad things of anything, that´s not criticism, that´s bashing something. But if what you want is another Nintendoomed thread and another Xenoblade downgrade clickbait **** to have as many views and trolls on it as possible, go on. I hope i´m wrong though, and is not my intention to offend you, I dont even going to comment on that thread if you go that way, and of course, you can do what you want.

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Maybe your expectations were too high. It's a huge open world game on a console that's closer to the PS3 than the PS4. Skyrim definitely looked worse and has a much smaller world.

I'm starting to think that XCX threads need a doomsday clock that moves closer to midnight as bans become ever more inevitable.

I'd put most of the threads at a solid 11:55 right now. Both sides of all issues need to learn to be a bit more civil.

Samus Aran said:

Maybe your expectations were too high. It's a huge open world game on a console that's closer to the PS3 than the PS4. Skyrim definitely looked worse and has a much smaller world.

Probably because the original xenoblade was so impressive on the wii compared to its hardware.

a lot of what xenoblade x shows looks good, but there are portions, especially in this trailer, are pretty dissapointing, even compared to early footage of the game. I just hope the tradeoff for framerate and stability paid off.

tbone51 said:

Though you are correct, and opinions are opinions but the only thing i'll complain about is it feels like you say the same thing or something similar every time there is a XCX discussion (whether its pics/vid)

Pls dont take offence.....

It's more of an issue because it's a game I was/am excited about, the same for Fatal Frame V, prior to it's launch I was super excited, when it was first announced I would over the moon with the idea of using the camera obscura with the wiiu tablet.

So when something I'm excited for falls short, it's more dissapointing to me.
I wouldn't really say that "many of the textures in the trailer are really low quality" is an opinion, since it's factual and not based on an individuals thoughts.

I don't take offence, but it's clear a few people in the thread find my dissapointment offensive.