By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Chartz! What is your Favorite Episode of Doctor Who?

Kresnik said:
sundin13 said:

I suggest you keep watching. Maybe this is the fanboy in me speaking, but the season finale of that season was quite enjoyable and I think that the Silence are an extremely interesting villain (albeit criminally underutilized).

Also, if you get through it, you get a new companion and push on a little further and you get a new doctor (the tone of the new doctor changes the series dramatically imo).

While the show did change a lot and I don't think it is as good as 9/10, I certainly think that its still worth watching ^.^

I do feel like I'll probably give it a try again some day, but I begun to lose interest as soon as Moffat became showrunner really.  His teasing at the end of S5 - providing a mystery that wasn't going to be solved any time soon - actually turned me off the show more than made me want to continue watching.

Then during S6, the mid-season finale (A Good Man goes to war) was hyped up at this incredible battle that was in fact a damp squib.  And then the show returned a few months later with a stupid gimmick episode (Let's kill Hitler) that was supposed to tie up a really important storyline (River Song).

Hmmm...I don't recall what the "mystery that wasn't going to be solved any time soon" was.

As for the mid season finale, yeah, it was really limp and certainly a disappointment. However, the River Song tie up is part of the season finale and I think those loose ends were tied up rather nicely.

Around the Network

I've only watched since 2005, so out of them my favourite is probably Love and Monsters.

Ha. Yeah right.

Probably The Sound of Drums/The Last of the Timelords.

I love those ones. 

Human Nature/The Family of Blood.

The best kind of episode because the sci-fi, rather than being the focus, is just a setup for a great story with great characters.

sundin13 said:

Hmmm...I don't recall what the "mystery that wasn't going to be solved any time soon" was.

Something causing the TARDIS to explode.

Still wasn't resolved at the time I stopped watching, iirc.

Im still waiting until they tell us what Doctor Who's real name is -_-

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Vincent and the Doctor. I love the episodes where they meet historical figures.