By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video Game Prices in Canada. Being Raised Again?

Commodity prices are have a very negative effect on the canadian dollar.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
Commodity prices are have a very negative effect on the canadian dollar.

Thanks to the US who wants to gamble in geoplitics

Been a while since I payed over $20 for a game, there's so many to play I'm usually patient enough to wait for that new game to lower to a reasonable price.

The euro actually went also down a lot but it went just down to 1 = 1 with the dollar, yet i dont see anything being more expensive, except for some products from douchebag companies like apple who think they are special.
Just avoid buying us-american products as they are ussually more expensive, just buy home made products or from asia.
Our disk games in europe are also printed in austria who uses the euro, so this is keeping prices down too a little bit.

As an Australian I feel for you. Game prices over here are also abnormally high, even considering exchange rates.

As a result I search relentlessly for great deals on video games from the get go.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

So they actually hike game prices in Canada in response to their dollar changing its value? I guess we're lucky here in the U.S. Sticker prices have remained quite stable for the past 25 years, and games are cheaper than ever once you adjust for inflation:

That's true. I think it's because discs are cheaper to produce than cartridges were

#1 Amb-ass-ador

SlayerRondo said:
As an Australian I feel for you. Game prices over here are also abnormally high, even considering exchange rates.

As a result I search relentlessly for great deals on video games from the get go.

Me too. I got a PS3 and about 40 games last year for a very good price

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ok this is getting ridiculous. Black Ops 3 is going to be $79.99 as well. Looks like this is the new base price for new video games in Canada, guys. Smoking crack is a cheaper addiction. I'd be better off spending $80 on Vaseline to help myself prepare for how much they are fucking us fml

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

Ok this is getting ridiculous. Black Ops 3 is going to be $79.99 as well. Looks like this is the new base price for new video games in Canada, guys. Smoking crack is a cheaper addiction. I'd be better off spending $80 on Vaseline to help myself prepare for how much they are fucking us fml

Just wait until E3. Last year Amazon had a promotion that if you pre-order 3 games or more every game would be 30% off. I'm hoping they have the same promotion, so I'll probably just pre-order all my day one games then since Amazon doesn't charge you until the product ships.

TheGoldenBoy said:
ReimTime said:

Just wait until E3. Last year Amazon had a promotion that if you pre-order 3 games or more every game would be 30% off. I'll probably just pre-order all my games then since Amazon doesn't charge you until the product ships.

That would be a great idea if I wasn't so against pre-ordering but I agree, for the rest of our fellow Canadians, that is a much better deal.

#1 Amb-ass-ador