By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do people like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze as much as i did?

What would you rate DKCTF?

10/10 64 30.19%

9/10 96 45.28%

8/10 23 10.85%

7/10 9 4.25%

lower? 20 9.43%

Total:212
atomicblue said:
curl-6 said:

Not just DKCR, it got a lower metacritic than New Super Mario Bros U. 

That too. Not that I don't think NSMBU is a good game - it is - but better than DKC:TF? No way.

Yeah, I know it's a matter of opinion, but TF is just so much better in very concievable way to me. Where NSMBU feels generic and assembled, TF feels organic, handcrafted, and inspired.

Around the Network

Never played it, it kinda looks out dated now tbh, not graphics wise, just the whole aspect of it.

I really didnt like this game much. Not sure why, I loved the Donkey Kong Country games, but this one, not so much

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

I have to admit I wasn't crazy about DKCR 3D. Now I can have Tropical Freeze as my Platinum reward but I don't have enough hard drive space left and it sucks cause i think it's the best value out of the bunch.

It felt like a lot of Nintendo games do for me lately. Going through the motions. Mining good will. Just a holding pattern.
Nintendo has one of the most loyal fan bases in the world. They can do anything and it will sell. So why are they playing it so... safe? Safe is not safe anymore!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
atomicblue said:

That too. Not that I don't think NSMBU is a good game - it is - but better than DKC:TF? No way.

Yeah, I know it's a matter of opinion, but TF is just so much better in very concievable way to me. Where NSMBU feels generic and assembled, TF feels organic, handcrafted, and inspired.

I agree. NSMBU, while fun, re-used quite a few ideas/settings/enemies from the previous game. It felt like the team was trying to make something that would sell well, whereas DKC:TF felt like the team was trying to make something truly great and something they loved.

97alexk said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Love this song with all my soul.

I do too! I even have a top 100 video game soundtracks playlist on youtube :) i have been adding songs for over 2 years now. ^^

WOW! What a track. Is it by the original composer that did Donkey Kong Country? I want to get a Wii U solely for this game and Mario Kart 8 but I'm waiting for the price to drop and more games to come out.