By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Future of the Next Pokemon Games, Possibly Hinted by Anime Eps? (Anime Going Through Gyms Faster)

Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:

Sales are so good that I feel they don't see the need to do any drastic changes. Sales have remained pretty consistant for close to 15 years now.

Mainline-16 million

Remakes-12 million

Expansions-7 million

I agree, but that statement wasn't made from a commercial perspective.

Ya I know, I'm just saying we probably won't see drastic changes unless the series begins to decline.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
97alexk said:

Actually i heard the creators of pokemon wanting to do something different

No, they want to do the same thing over and over again. Well, that's what they're forced to do anyway. There's only room for small side-projects and Pokémon. And those small side-projects skip Nintendo's consoles...

and those are facts? What you mean forced anyway, i think if there games sell very well they want to continue. I think they know they dont wanna have an annual franchise anymore so thats why they want to do something different with pokemon. I mean annual main pokemon game franchise. Maybe we get pokken or pokemon snap 2 hehe

zorg1000 said:
Samus Aran said:

I agree, but that statement wasn't made from a commercial perspective.

Ya I know, I'm just saying we probably won't see drastic changes unless the series begins to decline.

That's why I hope Yo-Kai Watch becomes a big hit in the West.

It's not like I hate Pokémon, I consider Pokémon Silver to be my second favorite game of all time and Pokémon Red also makes my top ten. But repeating the same core mechanics over and over again is unacceptable to me.

uran10 said:

Basically a spin off like PMD or conquest right?

No lol something that is still a "main game." Maybe it's a Pokemon where the audience is older or something. Whatever it is, it would be less like PMD and more like FRLG.

Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:

It's not like I hate Pokémon, I consider Pokémon Silver to be my second favorite game of all time and Pokémon Red also makes my top ten. But repeating the same core mechanics over and over again is unacceptable to me.

Well don't most lost running franchises repeat the same core mechanics?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Samus Aran said:

Exactly, the only thing i can see is maybe switch up a few elements to the story. Other than that, changing the mechanics would practically mean its not pokemon anymore. 

Better hope for spin offs because Pokemon sells high because of the way it is. Also people that dont play competitive dont realize how good every generation is progressing.

Gen 6 = Best Generation for Competitive Play! Easy Access to HA/Easier Breeding/Iv+Ev/Mega Evolution to expand because of the limited of 1 per team/etc!

tbone51 said:
zorg1000 said:

Exactly, the only thing i can see is maybe switch up a few elements to the story. Other than that, changing the mechanics would practically mean its not pokemon anymore. 

Better hope for spin offs because Pokemon sells high because of the way it is. Also people that dont play competitive dont realize how good every generation is progressing.

Gen 6 = Best Generation for Competitive Play! Easy Access to HA/Easier Breeding/Iv+Ev/Mega Evolution to expand because of the limited of 1 per team/etc!

Ya I never really understood why people want a series to make drastic changes, why not just play a different game at that point? Of course a series needs to improve and add things but I will get why people want a series to essentially become a different series.

tbone51 said:
Samus Aran said:

You're asking for generation 7 in 2016. Aka you're asking for a reskin of Pokémon X/Y (which we already got with ORAS).

They should save the next generation for the new handheld.

Pokémon anime has always been inconsistent with their pacing.

ORAS isnt a reskin lol, its a remake of gen 3.. with updated mechanics/etc.

XY2/Z is coming there is no doubt. It hopefully will be more line of BW2 which isnt a reskin, just a much better version of the new gen pairs with a huge aftergame.

Pokemon Z is real because 

~Zyguarde will have 2 forms 

~Volcanion not released yet, obviously gen 6 pokemon meaning next game

Pokemon Z is a fact since we get a third revamped/enriched version of every gen after three years of the main two versions!:P  Wow Pokemon Z might come this year given the trending!:P

But I don't know,black and white changed that,there wasn't a a pokemon grey but black 2 and white 2,so we might get an X2/Y2!I'm not sure that we would get both tbonator!:P Pokemon Z is more probable!:P I'm not sure though that nintendo would like to release another pokemon game after one year of OR/AS...So I will expect it for 2016!:P

There are no facts at this point. Its likely that they do what they always did in the past, yes. But thats not what I think. Lets blow everyones mind and say Gen 6 is over.
Gen 7 will start end of 2015 beginning of 2016 and we will geht this announcement in the next 30 days. And we could complete the national pokedex with xyoras for this very reason.

I think that X2/Y2 may be more likely. Its a bit soon for a new gen. I think a new gen would come out the following year.