By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Future of the Next Pokemon Games, Possibly Hinted by Anime Eps? (Anime Going Through Gyms Faster)

97alexk said:

Actually i heard the creators of pokemon wanting to do something different

No, they want to do the same thing over and over again. Well, that's what they're forced to do anyway. There's only room for small side-projects and Pokémon. And those small side-projects skip Nintendo's consoles...

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

What do u mean by new main game concept?

When FRLG released, they were remakes, a new main game concept. It just means another new thing, whatever it is.

Samus Aran said:
tbone51 said:

Bro, what the hell? Did you even read the OP? We aren't talking about the gameplay or anything^

You're asking for generation 7 in 2016. Aka you're asking for a reskin of Pokémon X/Y (which we already got with ORAS).

They should save the next generation for the new handheld.

Pokémon anime has always been inconsistent with their pacing.

ORAS isnt a reskin lol, its a remake of gen 3.. with updated mechanics/etc.

XY2/Z is coming there is no doubt. It hopefully will be more line of BW2 which isnt a reskin, just a much better version of the new gen pairs with a huge aftergame.

Pokemon Z is real because 

~Zyguarde will have 2 forms 

~Volcanion not released yet, obviously gen 6 pokemon meaning next game

tbone51 said:
Samus Aran said:

You're asking for generation 7 in 2016. Aka you're asking for a reskin of Pokémon X/Y (which we already got with ORAS).

They should save the next generation for the new handheld.

Pokémon anime has always been inconsistent with their pacing.

XY2/Z is coming there is no doubt. It hopefully will be more line of BW2 which isnt a reskin, just a much better version of the new gen pairs with a huge aftergame.

It runs on the same engine, has the same subpar graphics, has the same (non-existing) stereoscopic 3D effect, has the same sloppy framerate, has the same battle mechanics, etc.

It's the same game with a bunch of new mega evolutions. The stuff you do in X/Y is the same stuff you do in ORAS with some minor changes like flying on a legendary Pokémon and the Pokénav.

Game Freak needs to make some real changes to the formula and that can only be achieved with a longer development cycle and on their next handheld. I really hope they don't put another generation on the 3DS.

Samus Aran said:
tbone51 said:

It runs on the same engine, has the same subpar graphics, has the same (non-existing) stereoscopic 3D effect, has the same sloppy framerate, has the same battle mechanics, etc.

It's the same game with a bunch of new mega evolutions. The stuff you do in X/Y is the same stuff you do in ORAS with some minor changes like flying on a legendary Pokémon and the Pokénav.

Game Freak needs to make some real changes to the formula and that can only be achieved with a longer development cycle and on their next handheld. I really hope they don't put another generation on the 3DS.

Its a "Remake", what else do you want from it lol? Also adding Mega Evolutions is huge in itself. It means instead of every 3-4 years we get new pokemon, we now get new Mega Evolutions per game. Thats really good and keeps the games more interesting with each release.

Its a gamble on 3DS or the next generation HH. I can see a Gen 7 being on 3ds again, but obviously only 2 games like Gen 5.

Next year is pokemon's 20th year anniversary, hopefully something good comes

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Samus Aran said:

Its a "Remake", what else do you want from it lol? Also adding Mega Evolutions is huge in itself. It means instead of every 3-4 years we get new pokemon, we now get new Mega Evolutions per game. Thats really good and keeps the games more interesting with each release.

Its a gamble on 3DS or the next generation HH. I can see a Gen 7 being on 3ds again, but obviously only 2 games like Gen 5.

Hopefully that is Pokken Fighters, the most promising Pokémon game since generation 2.

And mega evolution changed nothing. There's no risk/reward system, it just makes your Pokémon more powerful by pressing a button at the start of the battle.

I want some real changes like the transition from Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask or the transition from A Link to the Past to ALBW (the wall painting mechanic had a huge impact on the gameplay and puzzles of the dungeon). Another good example is the transition from Metroid Prime 1 to Metroid Prime 2 (the light-dark concept makes the game feel unique). The best example however is 3D Mario platformers. SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy and 3D World are all notably different from each other.

spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:

What do u mean by new main game concept?

When FRLG released, they were remakes, a new main game concept. It just means another new thing, whatever it is.

Basically a spin off like PMD or conquest right?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Samus Aran said:
tbone51 said:

Hopefully that is Pokken Fighters, the most promising Pokémon game since generation 2.

You clearly forgot the "in my opinion" at the end of your post. I'm sorry but PMD and conquest are both amazing games even if they are spin offs and gen 3 was great as well. Gen 5 had an amazing storyline and gen 6 gave us mega evolution.

Edit: and for your mega evolution comment it hads a whole new layer to the metagame and the risk /reward is as simple as the item usage competitively. You can only have 1 mega and the only boost that mega has it the stats from evolution. It can't hold any items which can be very bad for it, a choice scarfed pokemon is faster than its mega evolved form among other things. Is it worth the mega evolution or is the item better? and Mega evolution also changes how some pokemon play like sableye.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Samus Aran said:

Game Freak needs to make some real changes to the formula

Sales are so good that I feel they don't see the need to do any drastic changes. Sales have remained pretty consistant for close to 15 years now.

Mainline-16 million

Remakes-12 million

Expansions-7 million

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Samus Aran said:

Game Freak needs to make some real changes to the formula

Sales are so good that I feel they don't see the need to do any drastic changes. Sales have remained pretty consistant for close to 15 years now.

Mainline-16 million

Remakes-12 million

Expansions-7 million

I agree, but that statement wasn't made from a commercial perspective.