By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I hope the NX is a 10 year, mega powerful console, that is expensive.

Speak your mind...

Ya crazy mon! 209 56.33%

I.... this... could.... WORK! 113 30.46%

Too busy watching "... 48 12.94%

Total:370
jangelelcangry said:
what would be interesting if they implement a console with dual or triple gpus eg: AMD Crossfire or Nvidia SLI
use 2-3 lesser gpus (about 60-70% the performance of ps4's gpu each), use an intel cpu something like an i5 @ 2-2.6 ghz or a highly clocked AMD cpu, 16 gb of GDDR5 or DDR4 ram, 1 sata 3.2 port with the default hdd with 2 tb of storage and one sata m2 for optional ssd upgrade.
why did i include a multiple gpu config? Because console developers tends to be creative with the use of hardware and tend to bring some api elements first.
Example when seventh gen started most gamng pcs were running single core or dual core cpus while the x360 had a tricore cpu and the ps3 had some sort of hyper threading like design. also, the eight gen opt to use 8 cores on their consoles.
if it sells decent enough they will make gpu scaling easier due to having more developers working with multiple gpus.

Then it would not be a console but a desktop...... It would have to be pretty large to support all of that lol

Around the Network

Or they just brand a pc running windows with a Nintendo OS shell branded over it

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

teigaga said:
Materia-Blade said:

Wii U isn't a weak system, wii was.

They are both weak systems. Both are just subtle improvements over the generation before.

thw wii had a subtle improvement, the wii u is 3x more powerfull than ps360. ps4 and x1 are 9x and 6x more powerfull than ps360, respectively. If you think wii u is weak, you must agree that ps4 and x1 are also weak, since their jump from the previous gen is far lower than any gen before.

Materia-Blade said:
teigaga said:

They are both weak systems. Both are just subtle improvements over the generation before.

thw wii had a subtle improvement, the wii u is 3x more powerfull than ps360. ps4 and x1 are 9x and 6x more powerfull than ps360, respectively. If you think wii u is weak, you must agree that ps4 and x1 are also weak, since their jump from the previous gen is far lower than any gen before.

Nope, their jumps are lessor then previous gens but still notable. 

Xbox One is 4x the Wii U comparing their GPU+RAM. Lets just put it this way, if the X1 was 4x weaker then what it already is, then I would consider it severely underpowered, its just about cutting it based off current game performces.

teigaga said:
Materia-Blade said:

Xbox One is 4x the Wii U comparing their GPU+RAM. Lets just put it this way, if the X1 was 4x weaker then what it already is, then I would consider it severely underpowered, its just about cutting it based off current game performces.

it was already established that this isn't even close to being true.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
teigaga said:

So the X1 doesn't have a 1.3TF GPU against the Wii U's 0.3TF GPU, or the X1's game usable RAM isn't 5GB against the Wii U's 1GB?

I know those aren't the only specs that matter but you have no leg to stand on Materia-Blade, Wii U is weak... Lets move on :)

Saeko said:
I just hope this will do 1080p 60pfs on every single game and will be happy since i won't ever have a 4k tv.

10 years ago people wouldn't ever have to buy a HDTV, and 60 years ago people wouldn't ever have a color tv! :)

Yep.

rolltide101x said:
I think the exact opposite, Nintendo needs to make a bare bones system that is 250$ Day 1.

Wii U GamePad

• Touch screen: $24.75
  • Main electronic components: $30
  • Battery, wifi chip, plastic casing: $24.50
  • TOTAL: $79.25

Wii U Console

• Processor/gpu: $40.00
  • Optical drive: $17.00
  • Flash storage: $6.00
  • RAM: $6.00
  • Wifi chip, Bluetooth, plastic casing, other components: $79.38
  • TOTAL: $148.38

GRAND TOTAL: $227.63

http://www.gengame.net/2013/03/cnn-estimates-the-cost-of-manufacturing-wii-u-to-be-about-228/

Spend 40$ on the CPU&GPU,.... spend 79$ on the gamepad...... makes sense?

I feel like Nintendo if they do aim for a 250$ day1 consol, they should drop the gamepad.

Ive said it so many times..... I really hope they do the most sensible thing.

Yes, we don't have enough powerful & expensive options already. We need more of those, and zero options between high-end and the Ouya. That can only end well.

teigaga said:
Materia-Blade said:

So the X1 doesn't have a 1.3TF GPU against the Wii U's 0.3TF GPU, or the X1's game usable RAM isn't 5GB against the Wii U's 1GB?

I know those aren't the only specs that matter but you have no leg to stand on Materia-Blade, Wii U is weak... Lets move on :)

No, wii u doesn't have a 0.3 tflop gpu. and x1 gpu is 1.2tflops. and wii u's edram makes the ram difference smaller than it looks.

If wii u was weak, it wouldn't do everything it does. just compare their usual performance. most wii u games are 720p/60fps vs 900p/30-60fps on x1, with little graphical difference. that's not what you get from a 4x difference, it's 2x at most.