By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have Sony Got The Margeting Rights To Star Wars: Battlefront?

Dark_Feanor said:

One can aways hope.

But on topic. I think pretended exclusives have run their couse with Destiny. And we don´t know if SWBF would be any close the Destiny with the "exclusive" marketing.

Downplay it all you want, this is gona have a hughe impact on sales, most likely bigger than Destiny had. ppl hype level is trough the roof right now.

Around the Network
JustBeingReal said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Since Sony has nothing these Hollydays another pretended exclusive will help a little.

Let's forget that Ratchet & Clank is yet to get a release date or gameplay footage, plus it also has a huge movie coming to cinemas.

As another user said there's E3 and Gamescom that could see new games announced at those events for Holiday releases, Square has already said they have more PS4 games coming out this year.

Let's ignore that Sony's had way more games coming out throughout the whole year than Microsoft has and let's ignore the fact that Sony has 17 outright exclusives for PS4 this year, just because it suits your agenda.

BOLD: Is that serious or just for LOL? Do you realy belive this kids movie will have any effect in sales? 

But hey man, chill out. 

I´m still waiting the tsunami of PS4 exclusives since XOne is "dead" from de inception. Aren´t you happy with Street Fighter4/5?

DakonBlackblade said:
Dark_Feanor said:

One can aways hope.

But on topic. I think pretended exclusives have run their couse with Destiny. And we don´t know if SWBF would be any close the Destiny with the "exclusive" marketing.

Downplay it all you want, this is gona have a hughe impact on sales, most likely bigger than Destiny had. ppl hype level is trough the roof right now.

LOL hahahaha.

No, they aren´t.

That is just another game, another Battlefield like game (second in the same year). Another FPS, another futurist FPS (third in about one month window).

And let´s again forget that in USA after the first month Destiny sold better on the XOne on every other month.

So...

Sony scored a huge win. Battlefront will be a massive system seller, especially if they do a bundle like Destiny.

do people seriously not think that battlefield isn't gonna move a crap ton of PS4's? i've seen people on facebook today thinking it was a playstation exclusive with Sony having the marketing rights and chances are exclusive content it looks like this will move a crap ton of PS4's since its freaking Star Wars the biggest and most popular scifi series of all time and with the new trilogy beginning the month after release this is gonna be one of the biggest holiday games this year easily by far more then any of the first party games.

Around the Network

So, the PS4 has the Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition bundle coming out in June. If The Phantom Pain Limited Edition bundle comes out in the west and Sony announces a Star Wars: Battlefront white PS4 bundle, then damn... o_O

LordPhil said:

Sony scored a huge win. Battlefront will be a massive system seller, especially if they do a bundle like Destiny.

and they do three bundle types. The rarest (only 5 pcs) below:

Dark_Feanor said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Yeah, let's pretend E3, gamescom or TGS won't happen this year.

One can aways hope.

For Star Wars: Battlefield, I don't think that advertising ties will necessarily give Sony a big boost- it'll help a little, I think, but not much- but something like a tasty new bundle, (especially with a differently colored console) and maybe something else to sweeten the pot COULD have a significant impact. I mean, the Destiny sales boost didn't JUST come from exclusive marketing; there was also an official, shiny bundle that spent months accumulating pre-orders (Microsoft was only able to toss in a free game deal for a limited time at the last moment,) and there was also the timed exclusivity in terms of extra Raids and whatnot that, if you were an otherwise undecided gamer who REALLY wanted to invest loads of time in Destiny, made the choice pretty obvious. =P

By that same token, I'm curious as to what effect Arkham Knight is going to have in terms of moving PS4 hardware; it has the exclusive Scarecrow content, and ALSO has a shiny bundle that will have at least a couple of months to build up pre-orders. Even though I don't think the boost will be quite as substantial as Destiny, I also doubt there won't BE one at all. =P

Also, this is a more general question to everyone in the thread, any indications if Microsoft is planning on doing a free game bundle for the Witcher 3 in the U.S.? That game seriously seems like, even though it's multiplatform, their best shot at winning any NPDs before October, so I'd be kind of surprised if they don't take advantage of it. o_O

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Dark_Feanor said:
JustBeingReal said:

Let's forget that Ratchet & Clank is yet to get a release date or gameplay footage, plus it also has a huge movie coming to cinemas.

As another user said there's E3 and Gamescom that could see new games announced at those events for Holiday releases, Square has already said they have more PS4 games coming out this year.

Let's ignore that Sony's had way more games coming out throughout the whole year than Microsoft has and let's ignore the fact that Sony has 17 outright exclusives for PS4 this year, just because it suits your agenda.

BOLD: Is that serious or just for LOL? Do you realy belive this kids movie will have any effect in sales? 

But hey man, chill out. 

I´m still waiting the tsunami of PS4 exclusives since XOne is "dead" from de inception. Aren´t you happy with Street Fighter4/5?

I didn't know Ratchet and Clank is a kids game/movie since a lot adults play them. Is Pokemon a kids game too?

Zanten said:
Dark_Feanor said:

For Star Wars: Battlefield, I don't think that advertising ties will necessarily give Sony a big boost- it'll help a little, I think, but not much- but something like a tasty new bundle, (especially with a differently colored console) and maybe something else to sweeten the pot COULD have a significant impact. I mean, the Destiny sales boost didn't JUST come from exclusive marketing; there was also an official, shiny bundle that spent months accumulating pre-orders (Microsoft was only able to toss in a free game deal for a limited time at the last moment,) and there was also the timed exclusivity in terms of extra Raids and whatnot that, if you were an otherwise undecided gamer who REALLY wanted to invest loads of time in Destiny, made the choice pretty obvious. =P

By that same token, I'm curious as to what effect Arkham Knight is going to have in terms of moving PS4 hardware; it has the exclusive Scarecrow content, and ALSO has a shiny bundle that will have at least a couple of months to build up pre-orders. Even though I don't think the boost will be quite as substantial as Destiny, I also doubt there won't BE one at all. =P

Also, this is a more general question to everyone in the thread, any indications if Microsoft is planning on doing a free game bundle for the Witcher 3 in the U.S.? That game seriously seems like, even though it's multiplatform, their best shot at winning any NPDs before October, so I'd be kind of surprised if they don't take advantage of it. o_O

There is a difference between being resenable with this situation and gaing bananas thinking SW is the biggest thing ever and Sony PWND MS with the marketing tie-in. This will have it effects but nothing huge.

As you remember Destiny had a lot more stuff attached to PS4 than we can expect BF to have.

People are not stupid as some here seems to belive.

PS: http://www.xbox.com/ has an HUGE banner of Battlefront in their home page.