By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What if MS is going to announce new games at e3?

MS didn't acquire Epic they just acquired the Gears of War IP.

Around the Network

Unless they continue going even further out like they did last year (an unsustainable model) then I can see them announcing Forza and of course showing Gears but those are expected and shouldn't drum up too much excitement. Maybe a late 2016 title or two could be shown.

I am Iron Man

I believe we are asking the wrong question. Is Microsoft going to announce games at E3. Seriously is that even up for debate?
The real question should orbit around the adjustments that they are making to their platform: XBox Live

XBL is coming to Windows, what is the meaning of that? Are we going to see more about it during E3?

They need to... so why if?

From what I think they will announce: Gears of Wars 4 and a new Indie semi-exclusive... and the usual deals with some big releases (CoD like)... and something to try to buzz over Morpheus.

And of course... price cut of big bundle deal to try to make the sales get well suportable.

gergroy said:
theprof00 said:
You're right they only bought the gears franchise. But look, why would they buy the franchise if they weren't going to make a new one, amirite?

I'm not really sure what the point of saying that is since Microsoft announced black tusk was making a new gears game a long time ago, like almost immediately after acquiring the ip...

also, not sure what you are getting at with this thread, that Microsoft will make more of games?  It seems to me that microsofts strategy going forward is to only make Xbox 1 games that will then be able to be streamed to pc... Not the other way around.  

I know it's off-topic, but I find that just too silly to believe.

For gamers without pcs that want to play xbox1 games on their pcs.

Around the Network

Be surprised if not, all of the big three try to announce a new game every E3.

Drakrami said:
Call me a fanboy. To be honest, I think Microsoft already went "all-in" last year. There won't be as many announcements compared to last year. Sony, I think will equal last year in terms of announcements. Possibly Last Guardian and a new game from Santa Monica, Media Molecule or Guerrilla Games.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Microsoft pretty much blew their whole load that E3. It will just be about games already announced, maybe a couple of new games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

theprof00 said:
gergroy said:
theprof00 said:
You're right they only bought the gears franchise. But look, why would they buy the franchise if they weren't going to make a new one, amirite?

I'm not really sure what the point of saying that is since Microsoft announced black tusk was making a new gears game a long time ago, like almost immediately after acquiring the ip...

also, not sure what you are getting at with this thread, that Microsoft will make more of games?  It seems to me that microsofts strategy going forward is to only make Xbox 1 games that will then be able to be streamed to pc... Not the other way around.  

it isn't really any more silly then the other way around.   it isn't like pc's can't be connected to TV's.  

Then you look at how there is a financial incentive for Microsoft to have people buy xbox 1 games to stream and little to no financial incentive going the other direction.  Then there is the fact that microsoft has only talked about the xbox 1 being capable of streaming games to windows 10 devices, but not the other way around, which if that was their goal they would have highlighted that.  

gergroy said:
theprof00 said:
gergroy said:
theprof00 said:

it isn't really any more silly then the other way around.   it isn't like pc's can't be connected to TV's.  

Then you look at how there is a financial incentive for Microsoft to have people buy xbox 1 games to stream and little to no financial incentive going the other direction.  Then there is the fact that microsoft has only talked about the xbox 1 being capable of streaming games to windows 10 devices, but not the other way around, which if that was their goal they would have highlighted that.  

really? Because chromecast doesn't do it. Neither does kindle fire. There is only one product coming out in the near future with that level of capability needed in a thumbstick and that's miracast.

(well technically you can with chromecast but it requires a third party app)

theprof00 said:
gergroy said:

really? Because chromecast doesn't do it. Neither does kindle fire. There is only one product coming out in the near future with that level of capability needed in a thumbstick and that's miracast.

(well technically you can with chromecast but it requires a third party app)

huh?  what are you talking about?