By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Return Of Jrpg's??

I would like a New Suikoden; also, a brand new JRPG from Sony !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

MIA: LoD, Chrono, Suikoden

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Things started mild, with the teasing mention of a new PlayStation exclusive by Konami:

''There’s an incoming Konami exclusive for Playstation. Is it this or a mythological new Suikoden? Dun dun dun.

Anyway, this game isn’t that far along apparently.''

Then they turned heated with a veritable storm of reveals:

New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it’s a recent thing as far as I know. I’d think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12/23/ne-suikoden-final-fantasy-xii-and-xenosaga-hd-new-playstation-exclusives-and-more-teased-by-insider/

Old news, but I missed.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

JRPGfan said:
(kinda tried of all the shooter type games) (another Call of duty clone anyone?

Being excited about JRPGs is cool, but I do not see many new military first person shooter  clones  (maybe Titanfall). There is Medal of Honor which has existed for years, and there is Battlefield which has existed for years. Every other shooter oriented game is compleatly different from CoD. Even the gens new IPs are not military shooters. So, no I do not want CoD clones, but we are not really getting them in the first place.

Overall there still be a lot less this generation then there where last generation. Also I doubt there will be a great turn based one like Lost Odyssey this generation.

Around the Network

Persona 5 will be turned based.
Theres bound (hopefully) to be more.

Rogue Galaxy 2 is a no go. They simply won't do it. Nor will they do Dragoon. We might see more Wild Arms...who knows. But As far as I can deduce, PS4 will be getting the 3 heavy hitters: Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, and Dragon Quest XI. I see JRPGS coming back but not in full force like in the PS1-PS2 era.

Chris Hu said:
Overall there still be a lot less this generation then there where last generation. Also I doubt there will be a great turn based one like Lost Odyssey this generation.

^This 100%. JRPG's are getting so much love this gen but we won't be seeing any like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. I'll always prefer turn based and it makes me sad to see japenese devs moving away from traditional turn based.

Whats suposed to be a "Sony Final Fantasy Killer" ?

They werent away anywhere its just that countless other retail games disspeared and got replaced with Indie games and free to play games