By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat X Day One Update Makes Gold Harder to Get in Order to Boost Paid DLC Sales

Cloudman said:
Wow, how this game continues to fall. It seems it`s becoming more of trying to nickle and dime as much money out of consumers as they can. This is just terrible and shameful. Hopefully this doesn`t catch on.

Warner Brothers is the new EA

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Cloudman said:
Wow, how this game continues to fall. It seems it`s becoming more of trying to nickle and dime as much money out of consumers as they can. This is just terrible and shameful. Hopefully this doesn`t catch on.

Warner Brothers is the new EA

Haha, it seems like sometimes a company just likes to compete with EA in being such a terrible company. I don`t why people would want to attempt to stoop to such low levels. I swear companies are just testing us, and fishing for our wallets...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

This stuff made me guarantee this game would never get purchased new if/when I ever do start collecting PS4 games. Now that I'm thinking about it again, I'm concerned for Arkham Knight. I don't personally care about that franchise, but if they mar a franchise that got two GotY noms with this kind of practice, I promise you they'll end up on my boycott list with the others.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

What a crock of shit. I will never pay for this kind of dlc. Seems like retail games are increasingly becoming like freemium games. Not good.

I'm getting sick of seeing these greedy moves made by greedy companies. These kinds of things shouldn't exist and I hope the developers and companies receive backlash from this move. I can't tell you how much I hate this stuff. Do not support this game because I know I will not.

Around the Network

Lol, screw that. I'm just gonna watch Fatalities on Youtube and never play that pile of Shit myself.

I still remember the cheat menu from MK Trilogy... Good Times.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I miss the days of Armageddon when all the characters were included. Now it's $20 for an extra 4 characters that were announced before the game even came out. I love the franchise but hate these practices. I wish the console manufacturers would fight against this kind of stuff.

wow i was not sure to take the game or not, well now i know :)

I don't know if you guys saw but:
Before:

After:

Basically you collect 3% as many coins as before. I am returning the game tomorrow out of principle. They have made a decent (justifiable) grind into a mind numbing grind for monetary gain. I bet they did this to curve review scores. Shady.

Protendo said:

I don't know if you guys saw but:
Before:

After:

Basically you collect 3% as many coins as before. I am returning the game tomorrow out of principle. They have made a decent (justifiable) grind into a mind numbing grind for monetary gain. I bet they did this to curve review scores. Shady.

So its even lower than 200