By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Cities: Skylines Sells 1 Million Copies

Now this is good news!

Around the Network

This game is the reason I now have a Steam account. It is awesome.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Carl2291 said:
Now this is good news!

Are you saying everything else is bad news?  Just wow.....wow! :P

Nice. A lot of people don't understand that ability to play this sort of game is what PC gaming, in its core, is mostly about, not GPUs and resolutions.

That said, back to playing Kerbal Space Program...

The whole story of this game makes me incredibly, incredibly happy.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

Congratulation to Colossal Order and Paradox. Great and well deserved sales.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Amazing what happens when you make a game works and it is what the fans want!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

My game of the year so far, even though (or because) I did plenty of things wrong when I built my first city.

Arcturus said:
SamuelRSmith said:

I didn't think I'd be able to run it (13" mac book pro with no dedicated gpu). Hell, the official specs says that this thing requires a dedicated gpu. It totally doesn't.

Not sure how you could test it on your rig without first spending the cash though, which sucks. Shame demos aren't a thing anymore.

Hmm, maybe there is hope.

When I compare my laptop to the minimum specs for the game over at http://www.systemrequirementslab.com it says I fail to meet the minimum specs for the video card. Here are the results:

So, maybe I can run it after all if you have no problem without a dedicated gpu? It is a shame that there is no why to test it without purchasing. Maybe I'll take a gamble.

I have a few games that I get that with (fail to meet but I tick all the boxes for video card features) I think it generally means the video card is not officially supported.
Given that you have 2.1GB of dedicated RAM I assume you at least have a dedicated video card (quadro k1000 mobile version, whatever that is) you are probably fine, the game should run... just might run into the odd issue with certain effects.

Unfortunately I definately won't be able to run the game I don't have a GPU other than the on-board HD4000, which I think only has 128MB of dedicated RAM

im so happy for those guys, paradox does allmost everthing right, and when they fuck up they try realy hard to fix it, and you can talk to them realy easy on their forums.(and they make good games.)
and im happy for this tiny tiny studio that showed maxis how to make a good city builder, and that is learning so much from game to game.

PI has published the 2 best games this year, cities and Pillars of eternity. and they have 1 big gun left with HOI4, and a little but very funny coop game with magicka2.