By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4, PS3

Materia-Blade said:
daredevil.shark said:

A new star ocean game < developed by tri ace < playstation exclusive.

Cherry on top is a term used to describe an added bonus. Being only on ps3 and ps4 is no bonus, it actually ruins the news.

To a PlayStation fan that wants to see the brand continue to thrive (similar to you with Nintendo), it being an exclusive is a 'cherry on the top'. That cherry being at the expense of fans of other systems wouldn't really matter to people in that situation. The term can be used contextually.

Of course, if it's true that Sony are co-developing it then SO4 might be in a similar situation to Bayonetta 2, where their involvement is the reason it exists.

Around the Network

This is such a good morning

Sh1nn said:

[images]

It's not going to be winning any graphics awards, but that does look like a significant jump over its predecessor. The character designs also arn't creep me out, which is always nice :p

Davman said:
Game is cross gen :
1 advantage: I won't have to hurry and buy a PS4 to play it.
1 disadvantage: graphics probably won't be uber since it comes to ps3 too.

If you don´t live in Japan maybe you´ll have to, if it´s like Dragon Quest Heroes where only the PS4 version is released in the West.

Hiku said:
SjOne said:

I so agree Faithlessness is such a weird term to use. Infidelity would be a greater substitute 

Infidelity would sound weird to me as well, since that also includes "the subjective feeling that one's partner has violated a set of rules or relationship norms; this violation results in feelings of sexual jealousy and rivalry".

I think the whole title
"Integrity and Faithlessness" comes off a bit odd as an English speaker.
I hope they change it here.

Fair points, the main reason is that Faithlessness sounds and looks like a fake word. It is does feel like you mentioned earlier, 'Engrish'. Maybe they will do a few marketing things before release in the west and change the name. The name of Resonance of Fate afterall was changed from East to West.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

If look at the 8th screen from the top, that definitely looks like a seemless battle transition. There are NPCs in the background

Holy s***, SE actually delivered.... o_O

And SCEJ is also co-developing with Tri-Ace, so I guess co-development with 3rd party Japanese studios is going to be a thing. But on topic, I'm so happy we're getting a Star Ocean 5!! The character designs look wayyy better than in SO4.

Xxain said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

MY BABIES ARE BACK

FUCK FF15
FUCK P5
FUCK XBC

RPGS ARE SAVED. STAAAAR OCEAN

Took you long enough. Should be good since Sony's involved.

The biggest reveal here wasn't the game itself (because we kinda already knew it was Star Ocean, I mean the clue was too obvious) but where its getting released on. lol!

Aura7541 said:
Holy s***, SE actually delivered.... o_O

And SCEJ is also co-developing with Tri-Ace, so I guess co-development with 3rd party Japanese studios is going to be a thing. But on topic, I'm so happy we're getting a Star Ocean 5!! The character designs look wayyy better than in SO4.

They do seem to be doing a lot of it. Assuming it's true that SO5 is also being co-developed, how many games are we up to now? I can think of 4; Deep Down, Bloodborne, Star Ocean 4, and Street Fighter V.