By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 50 Best Selling Games of Xbox & Sega Systems in Japan

zelmusario said:
Seaman was the number 1 game for Dreamcast? I don't remember that one, but the name is amusing. Definitely thought Shenmue or Soul Caliber would've been #1.

Wonder if XBO can bring some games that cater more to Japan in the future. Titanfall being #1 at 30k isn't saying much.

I was surprised by Seaman. It was basically a Virtual Pet, but boooy was it one ugly man fish haha. You could talk to it with the microphone and you were meant to develop it and have conversations with it. It was pretty impressive AI really.

I presumed Sonic Adventure would have had the crown, as that was the best selling game globally, but then I remember that the Japanese are blatent Nintendo fanboys and love Mario not Sonic ;p (as this thread pretty much confirms).

The PSP Monster Hunter being in the top 10 games of all time actually explains perfectly why Nintendo courted Capcom to get the game on 3DS. It was the only top 10 franchise NOT exclusive to them.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Great work!

Some surprises like Seaman being the best-selling DC game or PaRappa the Rapper outselling Tekken 3. Or Super Mario Kart outselling Mario Kart Wii.

8th gen on home consoles will be a battle between FFXV and MK8.

Those Pokemon r/g/b numbers are insane! Probably a stupid question but do you get paid to do these? Because it is great work and I can tell you put a lot of effort into it

#1 Amb-ass-ador

last year happened something notorius, 5 games sold 2M+ in just 6 months in a single system.

ReimTime said:

Probably a stupid question but do you get paid to do these? 

Nah, but I totally should.

Around the Network

Man Vgchartz figures are way off. A good website would use this accurate numbers to better improve their website.

But then this Vgchartz.

Actual sales

FF7 - 3.9 million
FF8 - 3.5 million
FFX - 3 million

Vgchartz

FF7 - 3.3 million
FF8 - 3.6 million
FFX - 2.7 million

Lol.

3 months passed, time for an updated.

Not much to updated though, lol.

Only one new game on Xbox One, updated LTD for some old 360 games, that's it.

Also added the very, very, very, very little data that exist about the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)

Digital is included, will update again in 3 months.

Pokemon owning.

Lol, of course Seaman is the best selling Dreamcast game in Japan