By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom announces Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS

Look at the shadows, guys. This is in-game footage, definitely. I'm sure it's capture from Wii U version (still not announced?). Need to wait for more news.

Around the Network

This looks great! My kind of Monster Hunter. c:

Let's hope they localise swiftly.

Johnw1104 said:

It seems pretty darn unrealistic that the NX would go from no info/no name/no true showing or announcement to release in just a year and a half. It really seems like the only reason we were even given the project code name "Nx" was to quell fears during their mobikd announcement.

Given the new 3ds is still selling and they've a number of titles planned for it, the NX would also be rather premature... No need to rush it out.

I imagine it will just look lower resolution once you're looking at it on the 3ds screen.

Lol, no it isn't. We follow an industry where systems are shown 5 months before they release. Even in the general electrinics industry, there are systems that are officially revealed days before they release.

A year and a half is forever compared to that. We know about the NX because the NX is coming out soon. There's no getting around that. If Nintendo truly wanted to "quell fears," they'd have just reminded people that they are always working on the next hardware. You don't release a codename and a reveal period if said system is a long ways off.

3DS games don't release up-resed footage for trailers. That just doesn't happen. There's no need. And the 3DS is on the decline and has been for like a year. I don't know how people honestly expect the thing to stick around for more than a year and a half. The game will definitely look like a lower resolution on the 3DS screen, because the higher resolution will be on the NX screen.

spemanig said:
Johnw1104 said:

It seems pretty darn unrealistic that the NX would go from no info/no name/no true showing or announcement to release in just a year and a half. It really seems like the only reason we were even given the project code name "Nx" was to quell fears during their mobikd announcement.

Given the new 3ds is still selling and they've a number of titles planned for it, the NX would also be rather premature... No need to rush it out.

I imagine it will just look lower resolution once you're looking at it on the 3ds screen.

Lol, no it isn't. We follow an industry where systems are shown 5 months before they release. Even in the general electrinics industry, there are systems that are officially revealed days before they release.

A year and a half is forever compared to that. We know about the NX because the NX is coming out soon. There's no getting around that. If Nintendo truly wanted to "quell fears," they'd have just reminded people that they are always working on the next hardware. You don't release a codename and a reveal period if said system is a long ways off.

3DS games don't release up-resed footage for trailers. That just doesn't happen. There's no need. And the 3DS is on the decline and has been for like a year. I don't know how people honestly expect the thing to stick around for more than a year and a half. The game will definitely look like a lower resolution on the 3DS screen, because the higher resolution will be on the NX screen.

Why would Nintendo let them show NX footage now if they themselves have set 2016 date for further info?

curl-6 said:

Why would Nintendo let them show NX footage now if they themselves have set 2016 date for further info?

Likely because it makes no difference to the audience. Since the NX isn't revealed, it would be in a similar situation of like Watch_Dogs when it was announced. Everyone knew it was for next gen too, but there was no revealed consoles yet. Hardly the first time something like this has happened before. I wouldn't be surprised if this was "running on PC" for now.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

Likely because it makes no difference to the audience. Since the NX isn't revealed, it would be in a similar situation of like Watch_Dogs when it was announced. Everyone knew it was for next gen too, but there was no revealed consoles yet. Hardly the first time something like this has happened before. I wouldn't be surprised if this was "running on PC" for now.

If by that you mean on a devkit, in HD, I agree.

curl-6 said:

If by that you mean on a devkit, in HD, I agree.

Yeah, that's what I mean. The thing is, they don't do that for 3DS games. That's why I think it's NX footage or Vita footage. But if it was Vita footage, I see no reason why they'd not announce it for Vita in the trailer. There's no benefit to waiting. If it's NX footage, it obviously makes sense why they wouldn't say anything yet.

Whats up with the dislikes? MH games sell equally/better on 3DS. It doesn't make any sense. Probably Sony fanboys since there is nothing to dislike except it being a 3DS exclusive. It looks really good artstyle wise.

That was surprising. I like ^_^

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Definitely will allow people who love more traditional rpg's to enjoy MH Stories.