By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X has data installs to speed up game

EricFabian said:
alternine said:

Not really. Would you rather have your game be slower or faster. Most will go with faster. 

is for loading times, not for fixing bugs. So IS NOT a day one patch

Besides, we don't even know how long are the loading times without those installs.

For most they could be fine and not bother downloading them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
alternine said:

So essentially a Day 1 patch. Monolith you snarky dogs.

Can't miss an opportunity to jab XCX can you? 

Regardless, you are wrong for a few reasons. 

1. The digital version has this included. This just couldn't fit on the disc. 

2. It isn't required at all, it's just recommended. You aren't forced to have any of these, and you can pick and choose which one you want. 

3. I'm pretty sure you don't know what the word "snarky" means.

I still have a ton of space on my Wii U. I'll probably download all of these, if not all of them.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Cool. Wish I could 100% install ALL of my Wii U games, to be honest. Lego City Undercover would benefit from this and I don't mind saving the wear and tear on my HDD.

Interesting idea. I'm still curious to see if this makes the disc version as fast as the digital download. I'd prefer to buy the disc but when the director says that digital download is THE way to play the game, it gives me pause.

Around the Network
Recycle001 said:

Makes sense, a ton of games now install on your HDD to speed up loading times. Kinda funny that these are optional tho, games on other systems would make them mandatory and call them a patch :P

Has to be optional because all those installs combined >8gb which means it's impossible to install on the 8gb Wii U. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

alternine said:
EricFabian said:

no, it is not. Is optional. 

Not really. Would you rather have your game be slower or faster. Most will go with faster. 

Does someone actually need to tell you what the word "optional" means?  
Or tell you what the word "patch" means?  
Optional means it isn't necessary.  Necessary means that it is required.  Required means that if it isn't there, it wont work.
Patch means to fix a finished product.  To fix means it needs to not work as intended.

MDMAlliance said:
alternine said:

Does someone actually need to tell you what the word "optional" means?  
Or tell you what the word "patch" means?  

For that matter, what the word "snarky" means.

hsrob said:
Interesting idea. I'm still curious to see if this makes the disc version as fast as the digital download. I'd prefer to buy the disc but when the director says that digital download is THE way to play the game, it gives me pause.

Wait.  What?  I'm a disc man, too (I was mass produced by Sony in the late 90's) and I don't like the idea of getting an inferior experience on the same console for the same price.  I do have plenty of HDD space, though.  Got an external a couple years ago.

d21lewis said:
hsrob said:

Wait.  What?  I'm a disc man, too (I was mass produced by Sony in the late 90's) and I don't like the idea of getting an inferior experience on the same console for the same price.  I do have plenty of HDD space, though.  Got an external a couple years ago.

I believe Takahashi was talking about the game not being able to fit on the disc, so he said they had to "work it out" and because of this, load times might be bad for the disc version, so he recommends the digital.