By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Voice Chat Dropped from Splatoon Over Toxicity Concerns

seems like a stupid excuse for not adding it. there is always a mute button.

Around the Network

"having a friendly in-game environment was more important than being able to plan and coordinate with teammates using voice chat."

That really says a lot, and this is part of the reason why these IP's will never live up to the biggest franchises in more mainstream genres. There are plenty of reasons for all sorts of censorship and/or protection in games but this is taking it too far; there are several other ways of doing it, some which have already been mentioned in this thread.

That is kinda sad to not include voice chat in a teamwork based game in plain 2015, if all you needed was  the option to mute others. But who am I to disagree, Ninty is always right.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:

Ninty is always right.

Ha ha ha, bless your soul!

Odd design choice. I always thought toxicity was directly proportional to the size of online communities for shooters. Things might turn out just fine and they're probably including a different method for communication. It still won't be as efficient however. MGO didn't have voice chat and the community was very friendly. It didn't last long but at least they were pretty generous with their sorries and thank yous.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
I don't mind not having voice chat in this game,but that's still a pretty stupid reason not to even have an option. It ranks up there with Sakurai saying ''we wont have cutscenes in Smash Bros on Wii U because we dont want them to be uploaded to youtube'' lol

Either way,Splatoon is a day one for me. Got the 3 pack of amiibo's ordered :D

Well sakurai wanted people to play brawl and experience the cutscenes in-game, but people just went to youtube and watched all cutscenes instead, it kinda is a disappointment if i was Masahiro Sakurai

97alexk said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I don't mind not having voice chat in this game,but that's still a pretty stupid reason not to even have an option. It ranks up there with Sakurai saying ''we wont have cutscenes in Smash Bros on Wii U because we dont want them to be uploaded to youtube'' lol

Either way,Splatoon is a day one for me. Got the 3 pack of amiibo's ordered :D

Well sakurai wanted people to play brawl and experience the cutscenes in-game, but people just went to youtube and watched all cutscenes instead, it kinda is a disappointment if i was Masahiro Sakurai

10+ million people bought Brawl, he has nothing to be disappointed about. That was a bad excuse because this isn't the 1980s anymore, everything about everygame is available via the internet, but that hasn't stopped anyone from making games with story n cutscenes n such.

Einsam_Delphin said:
97alexk said:

10+ million people bought Brawl, he has nothing to be disappointed about. That was a bad excuse because this isn't the 1980s anymore, everything about everygame is available via the internet, but that hasn't stopped anyone from making games with story n cutscenes n such.

Yeah well, thats true, huh, but the problem here was, that the cutscenes got linked before the game came out, so millions of people watched the cutscenes befroe the game came out, idk also i really dont know the real reason or the biggest reason why theres no story mode, but theres probably a reason behind it.

Two step forward, one step back

97alexk said:

Yeah well, thats true, huh, but the problem here was, that the cutscenes got linked before the game came out, so millions of people watched the cutscenes befroe the game came out, idk also i really dont know the real reason or the biggest reason why theres no story mode, but theres probably a reason behind it.

Leaks aren't new either, heck it even happened to SSB4. The real reason is time constraint, budget, and/or laziness.