By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is the Sonic fanbase the worst?

Sonic is an old franchise and had many different types of games that people like and dislike

but I guess any reason pointing at a bad fanbase for Sonic can cover bad fanbases for anything...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I can't think of a game in the last 10 years that the whole Sonic community loved. I have a cousin who is big into that stuff and even he agrees that its messed up.

Because the Sonic fanbase actually got the hype train going over Sonic Boom when it was announced, when anyone could see from a mile away that it was going to be a train wreck: it's a 3D Sonic game developed by a 3rd party, and based on a kids TV show, which makes it a LICENSED 3D Sonic game.

What were you expecting???

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

They aren't. They're just an easy target. Final Fantasy community is the worst.

NightDragon83 said:

Because the Sonic fanbase actually got the hype train going over Sonic Boom when it was announced, when anyone could see from a mile away that it was going to be a train wreck: it's a 3D Sonic game developed by a 3rd party, and based on a kids TV show, which makes it a LICENSED 3D Sonic game.

What were you expecting???

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I would like to submit the previous statement as Exhibit A.

Around the Network

the fan art alone scar's people for life.

Xxain said:
The Sonic community complains about everything for the sake of complaining. It gets to petty levels quickly. Community is so fragmented in sooo many ways that nothing will ever be agreed upon.

Pretty much exactly on point.. Go look at Sonic twitter page and look at these older adults complaining at sega and sonic lol.. Seriously he appeals to the younger crowd.. We're not in the 90's anymore, either support Sonic or move on.

Haven't you read the thread? They aren't the worst. Star Ocean fans are.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The MANY teams that have worked on Sonic games have disrupted and damaged the Sonic fanbase. It's split and nobody, not even devs, can agree on what Sonic should be anymore. Mind you, his games still sell well enough so I guess that's sorta a redemption point for them.

vivster said:
Haven't you read the thread? They aren't the worst. Star Ocean fans are.

Uuuuh no, Star Oceans fans??? Your going to have to explain that one. Im a huge tri-Ace/Star Ocean fan and I have never had any issues with the fan base.