By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much would Crash Bandicoot 4 sell?

How much would Crash Bandicoot 4 sell (retail and download combined)?

3-4M 46 45.54%

4-5M 11 10.89%

5-6M 18 17.82%

6-7M 7 6.93%

7-8M 2 1.98%

8-9M 2 1.98%

9-10M 8 7.92%

10-11M 1 0.99%

11-12M 0 0%

12-13M 6 5.94%

Total:101

4.5 million. I feel like ps4 will sell 100 plus so install base won't be an issue. Only thing hindering sales will be the weakened brand.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

2-3 Million.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

With todays gen of kids and the like I'd probably go with 4 maybe 5m.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

No option for under 3,000,000???
2,000,000 for me.

I think it would be the 3-4 million mark. Crash got a really bad reputation after Naughty Dog stopped developing the games. Crash went downhill along with Spyro after their golden age as PlaySation mascots. I would love a new Crash Bandicoot game but it would need to be done right and with a high standard of quality. They would really need to market the game toward both the older crowd who grew up with the games and a new younger audience who did not. If they want the game to be successful they literally need a balance between both worlds. Plus games like these don't see nearly the success these days as they once did unless it's Mario. Although if Sony could once again make Crash their Mario then they could EASILY get into the 7-8+ million sales. They would need to market this game HARD! Personally I think Crash Bandicoot Warped was the best in the series as it had some of the best gameplay mechanics and bosses fights. I think if they were to go with something similar to that entry which would constantly change up the gameplay with its vast levels, then yes I think it would be a lot of fun and see success.

That being said I really want Sony to bring back the Ape Escape games. In a similar face of the first game, not the simple crap fests that 2 and 3 were. Ape Escape had some of the most brilliant level designs I have ever seen in a video game. The Castle and Theme park levels were pure brilliance in how you can explore and progress in multiple ways to achieve your goals. It was one of the first games to do so in such an unique way, so many brilliant level designs. Honestly they should just reboot the whole franchise, remake the first game and have a fresh start from there. Keep Spike as the primary protagonist of the series and throw out the other crap protagonists.

Around the Network

Those prediction are way too high, the franchise took a nose dive and there were plenty of crash games you selectively chose not to list in sales, everything after 2003 sold like trash.

If its the crash bandicoot we all knew and loved from PS1 era being sold at $60, 1.5m-2m would be my prediction (physical only). Nostalgia is strong but those games were basic as F***. Knack is essentially Crash but with less interesting level design. Using PS1 era sales as a projection of what it would do in 2015 isn't going to work, by the end of PS2s life the games were struggling for 1m, tastes have changed further and the type of on rails platformer experience Crash offered wouldn't have huge mass appeal in this age.

If Naught Dog really pushed for something new and surprised us with a fresh take on platformers whilst still keep the essence of Crash then it could do higher but until I see it I wouldn't bet on anything more then 3m on PS4. Skylanders at its peak never hit 3m on a single platform and just about managed 4m across 5 platforms ( A 250m+ audience)

I would like to see ND attempt a new Crash game though, they could certainly put a quite smallish team aside and delivered something that looked like it'd come out of a Pixar animated film with just as much Charm and wit. Again I think the real struggle is doing something interesting with gameplay, honestly has anyone tried those games recently and actually had fun?

3.5M is my guess.

Under 3 million.

If it hit 2 million I'd be shocked unless it had a massive marketing campaign. There's a reason pure 3D platformers died, and there's a reason Naughty Dog changed genres after Jak 1. They'd only sell on nostalgia alone, and while everyone says "I'd pay $60 for that," very few actually will.

If it were $20 as a download, I could see it breaking 2 million, maybe. Not counting PS+.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

ND is not going to develop the next game, that's for sure.