By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz: The Good and the Bad

Ka-pi96 said:
Conegamer said:
So remind me again what these threads are for. It almost looks like you're trying to collect data on what people like and dislike for some, I don't know, project perhaps?

Clarity would be nice Jay. Because the mod team have made several threads like this and it just looks like you're making a mockery of how this site works.

It's hardly as if this is the first time someone has made threads like this. Ok, maybe they could have been combined in to one rather than three separate threads but similar things have still been done before by plenty of other users. I remember posting in some like this before.

Yes indeed. Mr.PlayStation made such a thread if I recall? 

And that's fair enough Jay. Being a Mathematician more data is always good, particularly for such a large project.  

+ The friendly aatmosphere the diverse pool of active users, the forum layout itself

- Lack of leadership. My advice to anyone looking at making such a venture as their own site would be to ensure they are always and 100% committed to every single user. Fortunately we have a strong mod team and now a good Writing tea,  but there is little to no activity above and beyond that.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I love how diverse the community is.

Arcturus said:

To springboard off of my post in your other thread:

The Good:
- the sales figures. That's what brought me here in the first place and that is what continues to bring me here.
- the trophy league community - yeah, yeah, I'm plugging my own thread :)
- some good topics and discussions from time to time

The Bad:
- no mobile version of the site
- the ads can often be overbearing
- the quality of discussion is not always that great
- Too many users here will create a new thread when any thought or idea pops into their head, instead of posting that idea in the half-dozen other threads of the same topic
- I think the mods do good work here, but I find they aren't very proactive when it comes to rules being broken. We have rules that say thread titles shouldn't be in all caps, or threads shouldn't just contain a link and nothing more. Yet, I see these issues often and they aren't corrected unless a user points it out, or reports it. There were even a few recent threads that broke both of those rules, and a mod was even posting it those threads!

Can I ask why you're asking for feedback, JayWood2010?

He's making a website for the empire

theprof00 said:

No

JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:

No

just a sales website in general?

What features about this website are you looking into? Just the forum? Community? sales? news?

Around the Network

+comunity
-sales estimate

- No blackjack
- No hookers

theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Just the forum? Community? sales? news?

Really any kind of opinion you have just write it down.  Anybody and everybody's opinions matters, just be honest.  Also if you have anything you wish you had on here post that as well.  As much as I've been on this website I want to know how each individual feels and their take on it whether it be sales, the community, news, reviews, mods, features, etc.  It all matters to me and I want to know how everybody feels

+ Community
- Mobile site

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
"Thank you guys for your feedback, I appreciate it. Your guys feedback is very important to me"

You talk like you are the owner of the site lol

lol damn, cats out of the bag now......I bought VGC guys ;P lol 

But for real i miss the old PSNation and Pezus as well.  Still love you Gooch, no worries xD