By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games on your platform of choice, that you think defines this gen for you?

I think Assassin's Creed was a pretty good introduction to what this gen can do and I'm looking forward to what the next installment of that serie will be...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

zelda tp
smg
mp3
brawl
diaster day of crisis

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

@Freetalk, yeah maybe with the 2nd player, but I didn't try that out, it felt a little lame to me (sorry if your a fan >
Off topic, why is everyone naming games that aren't out? All you've seen are graphics and concepts -_-; we don't even know how the games going to play lol. ESP with some of these new I.P.s.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

There are none.

I hate not played a generation-defining game yet for the PS3, Wii or 360.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

Instead of doing platform I broke it down into aspects of gaming:

Graphics:
MGS4
Crysis
Killzone 2

Gameplay:
GTA 4 (I AM HOPING)
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
MGS4

Story:
Too Human (Silicon Knights Is Always Amazing)
Mass Effect (BioWare)

Innovation:
Too Human (I AM HOPING THAT THE CAMERA CONTROL WORKS)
GTA 4 (EURPHORIA ENGINE)
Fable 2 (SEXXXXX)

Best New IP:
Too Human
Mass Effect
BioShock
LBP

If think this gen, Wii Sports will remain quite emblematic, it's THE game that gave the Wii its actual universal success, and introduces perfectly the new way of playing to everyone...

Also, in a few years, it will be the most successful game ever, with tens of millions of copies in the world...

But for me, so far, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and RE4 Wii Edition are timeless masterpieces, and some of the best i've played in my life...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

I have three platforms of choice. :P

PC:

Supreme Commander (for increasing the size and scope of RTS to extreme and truly epic levels)
Portal (it has portals!)

Wii:

Wii Sports (first proper use of the Wiimote)
SMG (everything about it, particularly the planet physics)
Link's Crossbow Training/Metroid Prime 3 (use of the Wiimote for aiming)

ps3:

MGS4 (epic storytelling with awesome visuals and great gameplay)
LBP (it's freakin' LBP)
Uncharted/Killzone 2 (graphics - moreso Killzone 2)

ChronotriggerJM said:

Off topic, why is everyone naming games that aren't out? All you've seen are graphics and concepts -_-; we don't even know how the games going to play lol. ESP with some of these new I.P.s.
 Good point.  Maybe because graphics are so important to 360 and PS3 games?  Not sure because I don't own those games.  I am also guilty of this.  However, I did it for a reason with Boom Blox.  Boom Blox has never before seen on a console type of graphics.  We are not even sure if the 360 can do Boom Blox type graphics.  PS3 can do it with the eye toy but it doesn't look as good.  Add those amazing graphics and extremely good controls with an interesting concept and you have a defining game.  Also, the game is the concept of the top movie director in the world. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

@ FreeTalk

How do you know the controls are "really good"? You haven't played it. Third parties haven't much success with motion control heavy games. (although some have worked really well!)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.