By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Kart: Double Dash is 10x better than Mario Kart 8

What you think

Yeah 57 29.84%

Halo 134 70.16%

Total:191
Barkley said:

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. Mario Kart DS
4. Mario Kart 7
5. Mario Kart Double Dash
6. Mario Kart 64
7. Mario Kart Super Circuit
8. Super Mario Kart

The tracks in double dash were fantastic and I enjoyed the special weapons each character had but the karts did not feel good in that game at all.

Literally swap Mario Kart 7 with Mario Kart Wii and you have my list. I also agree with your short opinion of Double Dash. The game does not belong near the top of anyone's list, it is a middling Mario Kart because of gameplay.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

Well, we all have our opinions. A lot of peoples problems came down to 2 things, the speed and battle mode. Other than that people were saying it COULD have been the best Mario Kart ever. Speed is taken care of with 200cc mode. I would dare say this will even be the fastest MK to date.

While Battle Mode is still not nearly as good as the old arena style, I would still say game to game in their complete form MK8 is easily the best MK to date. More tracks, more characters, more customization options, and will be the faster game.

thedawghousev2 said:

- Music is soooo much better

this is absolute heresy.

i do gotta agree with you about the award ceremony though.

you know it's kinda funny i vividly remember DD getting bashed to hell online when it first came out and now it's considered one of the best MK's.

the absolute worst thing MK 8 has going for it is that the character roster is an absolute joke.

Battle mode smokes Mario Kart 8. However I think Mario kart 8's core racing is just as good. However 30fps split screen multi player.... So in summary yes OP is right Double Dash wins. But Mario Kart 8 is freaking awesome.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

BasiltheBatLord said:

know it's kinda funny i vividly remember DD getting bashed to hell online when it first came out and now it's considered one of the best MK's.

It's amazing how nostalgia can blind people.

Around the Network

Double Dash <3

so many memories

AZWification said:

Stopped reading at " The track are better.".. Wario Mountain is miles better than any track Double Dash has to offer.

Wario Colosseum disagrees

(sorry double post)

No.

lonerism said:
AZWification said:

Stopped reading at " The track are better.".. Wario Mountain is miles better than any track Double Dash has to offer.

Wario Colosseum disagrees

I hate all Colloseum and Arena tracks in all kart racers. Tiny Arena, Waluigi Stadium, Wario Colloseum, they're all horrible. I actually hate all Wario's and Waluigi's tracks pretty much... Wario's Gold Mine YUCK.

My favourite track on double dash would be Mushroom Bridge or DK Mountain.

Super Mario Kart is 100x better than Mario Kart 8 so it makes 10x better than DD. It had more soul, strong colors and its 2D! making everything better

The tracks are better (bc 2D)

The characters are better (bc 2D)

The Karts are 2D (better)

Music is better (bc reasons...)

The award ceremony... do i need to say more? (hint: 2xD=?)

We reap what we sow