By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Kart: Double Dash is 10x better than Mario Kart 8

What you think

Yeah 57 29.84%

Halo 134 70.16%

Total:191

I've got Double Dash and MK Wii, and if I was told I could only ever play one of them, I'd choose Double Dash, because of the quirkiness of the characters teaming up.

But at the moment, MK8 is winning hands down for me, because it's the current one. Ask again when the next iteration of Mario Kart comes out - we'll see how well MK8 has stood the test of time.

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Ok, then i will be more clear and less boring.

NO

so, because you gave no reason and said no in a childish fashion, i'm gonna have to assume the wii u is your first nintendo console and mario kart 8 is your first mario kart game ever.

No, is not. Gamecube was my first Nintendo console.

And you know what was my first game on the system? Yeah, I bought the Double Dash bundle, and I loved it.

But has nothing to do against Mario Kart 8. And that´s because MK8 is so damn good.

How many hours of Mk8 have you played? Because my first guess is zero.

Goodnightmoon said:
thedawghousev2 said:

so, because you gave no reason and said no in a childish fashion, i'm gonna have to assume the wii u is your first nintendo console and mario kart 8 is your first mario kart game ever.

No, is not. Gamecube was my first Nintendo console.

And you know what was my first game on the system? Yeah, I boughtthe Double Dash pack, and I loved it.

But has nothing to do against Mario Kart 8. And that´s because MK is so damn good.

How many hours of Mk8 have you played? Because my first guess is zero.

aaaaaand you'd be wrong there

Its music is better? buddy...

PikminDude123 said:

sooo much better

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
JakDaSnack said:

MK8 has the best gameplay (debatable)(not really)(yes, really)(The overrall design for MK8 and why I think it is the best is that they are trying to get players to interact with each other more, in previous installments it was really easy to block attacks because players could hold multiple items or they could hold one defensive item and use their offensive one, now by restricting the amount of items that can be held to one, this leave players in front to be more vulnerable which allows players in the back to catch up easier as well as give players in 2nd/3rd to get put in a tough situation where they could get rid of their defensive item in hopes of getting an offensive one but that would leave them vulnarable, this was a brilliant design strategy which is arguably better than DD), the best characters (koopaclones)(also link)(Link is not free)(DLC wasn't offered before mk8, and the fact that they can continue to add more content to this game is, in my opinion, yet another reason why mk8 is the best mario kart ever, saying it costs money isn't a good argument because you are still able to use that content while with previous installments what you get is what you get), 48 (16 are DLC and 16 are Retro, the 16 new ones boring)(Irrelevent, irrelevent, your opinion) (then that's just 16 tracks, same as the others)tracks as opposed to 16 or 32(You still don't get it, DLC doesn't matter, it's still content available for the game, if you want to credit it less that's fine, but it's still available.  Yes there are 16 retro tracks but each and every one of them have been significantly improved upon (in some cases more than others) but again, trying to take those retro tracks away is a poor tactic you still get 48 tracks as opposed to 16)., (lazy)(my arguement still stands) (mine too, lazy worse than N64/DD/Wii)(Thank you, that was a better argument, but while they are lazy to not incorporate new arenas, it is a completely different style to use courses as opposed to arenas, it's just been met with negativity due it being "different"). battle mode that encourages users to seek and destroy rather than just camping, the best collection of items (nothing new that really shines)(except the horn)(horn is something rare that doesn'st affect greatly as the bullet bill or blue shell, plus other are worse like the star)(I see it often but I'm usually first and second and rarely see bullet bills and blue shells...er...I get hit by blue shells a lot)., the best sound (it can't sound worse than a SNES, N64, NGC, Wii games)(so you admit I'm right on that one)(it would be terrible to have newer tech and sounds worse than older tech), the best online experience etc.

You made no argument for MK7 being bad, so I'm gonna ignore that. (easier MK ever, boring lifeless tracks)

Welp.

Something...Something...Games...Something

thedawghousev2 said:
PikminDude123 said:

sooo much better

Mario kart DD was by far my favorite mario kart up until the release of MK8, I loved the game so much and even won a tournament at my univesity.  So I can understand why you like it so much, but the game is dated, it has been improved upon over and over again throughout the series culminating in a masterpiece iwth mk8.  I hope one day they bring back the duel characters on a kart, but until then I will be enjoying mk8 and all of the amazing dlc.

Something...Something...Games...Something

2 best mario karts ever.
MKDD best feature is drift and miniturbo mechanics.
I really would love to play DD at 200cc

Double Dash is okay. But Mario Kart 8 has the normal mini jump before drifting like most Mario Karts. It's always a pain to get use to Double Dash drifting when playing other Mario Karts for a while.

Duh?

MK8 is so SNES era. I mean just 1 driver per kart? That's so 1992. DD was the first and only MK where you actually had some kind of control and could apply some tactic.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.