By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Kart: Double Dash is 10x better than Mario Kart 8

What you think

Yeah 57 29.84%

Halo 134 70.16%

Total:191

Hmm, I never played MKDD so I can`t really say either way. I`m sure DD has a better battle mode than 8. The battle mode in 8 is utter crap. Otherwise, it would have been an almost perfect game.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:
PikminDude123 said:
Its music is better? buddy...

sooo much better

The variety, effort, and catchiness of Mario Kart 8 is vastly superior to Double Dash's repetitive computer noise. I don't know what your brain is processing when hearing the different music.

"Double Dash" was my favorite Kart going into "8". I now have a new favorite. "MK8" is best-in-series, as far as I'm concerned.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Battle Mode is the only thing that DD did better than MK8
Sorry, but, Double Dash is easily one of my least favorite in the series

RCTjunkie said:
thedawghousev2 said:

sooo much better

The variety, effort, and catchiness of Mario Kart 8 is vastly superior to Double Dash's repetitive computer noise. I don't know what your brain is processing when hearing the different music.

how dare you, double dash's music is among the most beautiful of all time.

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:

Yeah dog, just like every game on the Gamecube, Mario Kart Double Dash destroys Mario Kart 8. It had more soul, I like the design better, and the Double Dash part is just better than having a singular character.

- The tracks are better

- The characters are better

- Music is soooo much better

- Karts are more creative

- The award ceremony in Double Dash is glorious

Discuss 

Joke thread? 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

kinisking said:
thedawghousev2 said:

Yeah dog, just like every game on the Gamecube, Mario Kart Double Dash destroys Mario Kart 8. It had more soul, I like the design better, and the Double Dash part is just better than having a singular character.

- The tracks are better

Discuss 

Joke thread? 

lawl very original post 10/10

thedawghousev2 said:
kinisking said:

Joke thread? 

lawl very original post 10/10

No I'm honestly questioning. There ss no way you honestly think all or most games on GameCube  are better than mk8. I agree double dash is better and the GameCube is better than wii u though 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

thedawghousev2 said:

- The tracks are better

Discuss 

What?

The tracks are better   well maybe.
The characters are better?  DLC included? Nope    DLC excluded? Yes.
The music is better? In no universe is the music better. Its super repetitive..And extremely annoying and way to many  courses share the same music which would not be that big of a problem if the game would not have such crappy music.

The music sounds lazy, boring and uninspired and partially as if its ripped from a goofy silent black and white comedy.
The menu theme, sherbet land and DaisyCruiser/PeachBeach are like the only songs that fit the actual racing course or dont sound repetitive.(the later only works for PeachBeach and not the DaisyCruiser it just does not fit a ship as much as it fits an island.)

Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City, Baby Park, MarioLuigiYoshi Circuit, etc are just awful. (kill it!)
Waluigi Stadium/Wario Colosseum   also repetitive and kinda boring.
DK Mountain/Dino Dino Jungle  is just boring
Rainbow Road is also boring. (the melody is wasted in this track because of the "crap" around it)

Karts are more creative? maybe.
Award ceremony?  I obviously agree.

You forgot the Battlemode is also better on DD.  Mk8 battle mode is a joke.

BUT!
The controls suck used diapers. (i dunno just wanted to show how bad they are xD )
The whole game feels slow and boring. For me its the NSMB of MarioKart.

Mario Kart DD is the only MarioKart game ever that I hated. It was the cheapest I ever bought only was 15 bucks compared to the regular prices I paid for the other MarioKart games. But the game is just bad.

The DoubleKart solution is also something that nobody needs. I hated it

All in all MK DD is a clunky slow repetitive boring Mario kart game with bad music

DD is the only MK I don't like and the Wii one while ok felt kinda meh. MK8 is the best one since 64.