By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When do you think 3DS and Wii U will be discontinued?

Both by 2018

bet: lost

Around the Network

2019 for both.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

2019 WiiU
2020 3DS

3DS - 2017
Wii U - 2017

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

This week.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Wiiu 2014 N3ds 20XX

2020 both.

Since the Wii u isn't selling. I'd imagine the moment their next console is launching they will stoop making Wii u. I expect 3ds to be around for a while like the ds was after the 3ds came out.

Wii U will be discontinued pretty quick I think.

It's not cheap to manufacture and retailers like are itching to use that retail space for better selling product. As such NX will probably replace Wii U very quickly on store shelves.

GameCube really didn't last that long after the Wii was released, was basically gone by the end of 2007.

I remember the irony of seeing $79-$99 GameCubes collecting dust in bargain bins, while the Wii, basically a souped up GameCube being sold for $250 was completely sold out everywhere, lol.

Dr.Vita said:
3DS 2017
Wii U 2018

You said it. 18,19 is a possibility as well. I would like to see them support them that long, but I don't see it with the sales. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7