By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem's new anime direction (RANT)

Pavolink said:
Cloudman said:
I get your frustrations with SMT x FE. I was hoping for something a little more... Shin Megami, and not Persona. And what`s worth, the game doesn`t seem much like either game. It seems like its own thing, but I was hoping for more... of a cross I guess. Hardly anything seems recognizable. I`m at least glad it`s still around, and I`ll give it a shot.

I don`t get the hate for the marriage system in FE:A. I thought it was great and was a nice twist to the series that we never got to see. (Marriage was in FE 4 for the SF) The conversations were great and really fun to read. I`m not sure what you were hoping for, but I enjoyed them. Seems a bit of a bummer you are dropping FE and SMT x FE over small issues in one game. The next game may end up being really great.

Imagine Lucina summoning a terrific Demon in FE style battles. All in HD. Oh god.

Haha, that would be soo awesome...! I was hoping there would be more FE in this game, but there hardly is... I wanted the two franchises to cross blows in a FE style fashion... TwT Persona wins in the end....

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
ToraTiger said:
XanderXT said:

That's just sterotypical.

*Sees avatar*

Nothing you say is credible here.  Go. 

Anyone who knows me here knows I had a Resident Evil 5 Chris Redfield avatar for a long time. Does Chris Redfield look like an anime character to you? How about Dante? Master Chief? You're just asking for a ban with your posts.

ToraTiger said:

Plenty of the characters in POR were deep, or at least not cliches like everyone in Awakening.  

Jill was a noble girl, who idolized her father even though she was a bit evil herself, he wasn't.  Henry is just a typical shockgag dark humor anime character.

Gregor and Vaike were literally the worst written characters I've seen in a RPG in a while.  Devdan had a dark side, you have to recruit him and only reason he does is because of his soft spot for children. 

Tormod was a badass rebell kid who liked the Laguz, and Ricken was a typical weak underconfident mage who wants to help.

Fredrick  =   Typical authority figure and guardian.  Well mannered and distrustful.  That is his whole design.

Soren=   unconventional, racist, dark, brash, rude and only opened up to like 2 people throughout the game.  More deep than everyone in FE:A.  

I've seen Naesala like characters in other games, but regardless he is still probably the deepest character in the FE series.  How he gets with the other bird girl and everything.  And honestly after hearing you comparing  the characters with similar roles makes me 2x sure as how bland Awakenings characters were compared to the games with Ike in them.

The strength in Awakening's characters was through the endearing and entertaining dialogue between the characters when improving their social links. This brought out a lot of aspects of the characters personalities and backstories in a surprising organic way, making all of the relationships feel like the true pairing, no matter who you chose. I think that the pallete of pairing brings out diversity in pretty much every character, pushing them past cliche and into something more believable and human.

While the story doesn't really lend itself to character studies, I think you are hyperbolizing the gap between Awakening characters and characters elsewhere in the series. I understand that you don't like the tone, but that really doesn't make your point overly strong.

pokoko said:
Western fan gets angry that a Japanese game is made to appeal to Japanese tastes. Accuses the developer of trying to appeal to "weeaboos" instead of, you know, Japanese people.

This is awesome and hilarious.

Lol it's a certain way to how they do it.  The simple anime-ish chiki chiki is preferred more by americans than Japanese.  

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

XanderXT said:
ToraTiger said:

*Sees avatar*

Nothing you say is credible here.  Go. 

Anyone who knows me here knows I had a Resident Evil 5 Chris Redfield avatar for a long time. Does Chris Redfield look like an anime character to you? How about Dante? Master Chief? You're just asking for a ban with your posts.

Okay baby.  <3

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
ToraTiger said:

Plenty of the characters in POR were deep, or at least not cliches like everyone in Awakening.  

Jill was a noble girl, who idolized her father even though she was a bit evil herself, he wasn't.  Henry is just a typical shockgag dark humor anime character.

Gregor and Vaike were literally the worst written characters I've seen in a RPG in a while.  Devdan had a dark side, you have to recruit him and only reason he does is because of his soft spot for children. 

Tormod was a badass rebell kid who liked the Laguz, and Ricken was a typical weak underconfident mage who wants to help.

Fredrick  =   Typical authority figure and guardian.  Well mannered and distrustful.  That is his whole design.

Soren=   unconventional, racist, dark, brash, rude and only opened up to like 2 people throughout the game.  More deep than everyone in FE:A.  

I've seen Naesala like characters in other games, but regardless he is still probably the deepest character in the FE series.  How he gets with the other bird girl and everything.  And honestly after hearing you comparing  the characters with similar roles makes me 2x sure as how bland Awakenings characters were compared to the games with Ike in them.

The strength in Awakening's characters was through the endearing and entertaining dialogue between the characters when improving their social links. This brought out a lot of aspects of the characters personalities and backstories in a surprising organic way, making all of the relationships feel like the true pairing, no matter who you chose. I think that the pallete of pairing brings out diversity in pretty much every character, pushing them past cliche and into something more believable and human.

While the story doesn't really lend itself to character studies, I think you are hyperbolizing the gap between Awakening characters and characters elsewhere in the series. I understand that you don't like the tone, but that really doesn't make your point overly strong.

Lol the conversations were natural to you?  It was just everyone playing their cliche personalities to the highest point, to make it seem more interesting than it actually was.  There is nothing natural about the characters as they were unrealistic as hell.  Also the writing while done well suffers in this regard because of them

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:
pokoko said:
Western fan gets angry that a Japanese game is made to appeal to Japanese tastes. Accuses the developer of trying to appeal to "weeaboos" instead of, you know, Japanese people.

This is awesome and hilarious.

Lol it's a certain way to how they do it.  The simple anime-ish chiki chiki is preferred more by americans than Japanese.  

That is definitely not the case. Japan is crazy for its cute anime, moe style.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

ToraTiger said:
XanderXT said:

Okay baby.  <3

My point is, you can't just ignore my opinions just because my current avatar is anime inspired.

Wright said:
Namiirei said:

Characters in Awakening are probably the worst from any Fe, and it's the same for the story.

Looks like someone didn't play this thing:

Come on, it's a remake of a nes Game, this one obviously doesn't count :cool:

Cloudman said:
ToraTiger said:

That is definitely not the case. Japan is crazy for its cute anime, moe style.

Not talkinig about cutish stuff.  I'm talking about the simplified anime art with the basic colorful characters.  Like Sword Art Online or Blue exoricst. 

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew