By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon Japan Sales and General Discussion Thread: Semi-Daily Updates!

Skullwaker said:
animegaming said:
wow Splatoon is doing really good especially those amiibo's

I have an inkling it might have something to do with this.

... This is why Im buying the amiibo =(

How could I resist

Around the Network

3 wii u games in top 20 O_O

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
3 wii u games in top 20 O_O

Probably the first time this has happened in forever (not counting the separate MP10 and amiibo bundles). Japan has a lot to look foward to with the Wii U. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

5 April 2015 Update: Now with a more appealing chart!

Wow, Amazon is a lot of blue.

Around the Network

6 April 2015 Update

Acevil said:
Wow, Amazon is a lot of blue.

Mainly due to the recent Nintendo Direct which opened up preorders for a lot of games. Once things die down, more red will fill up the charts. Typically the 3DS is the most dominant platform, however.

I think a further explanation is needed. For example, when pre-orders open, tipically the game tops the chart or it ranks very high. That could be misunderstanding, since some people can get too excited and wrongly think that the game is super desired. But the truth is that is normal trend on Amazon. 

What it matters on Amazon.jp is not short term but rather long term. If after a week of the opening of pre-orders the game is still on the higher spots, it means that indeed there's some kind of hype for the game.

I mean, a lot of people don't know how this works and then, hasty conclusions happen, and disappointments too.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

hiska-kun said:

I think a further explanation is needed. For example, when pre-orders open, tipically the game tops the chart or it ranks very high. That could be misunderstanding, since some people can get too excited and wrongly think that the game is super desired. But the truth is that is normal trend on Amazon. 

What it matters on Amazon.jp is not short term but rather long term. If after a week of the opening of pre-orders the game is still on the higher spots, it means that indeed there's some kind of hype for the game.

I mean, a lot of people don't know how this works and then, hasty conclusions happen, and disappointments too.

Yeah I touched on this but didn't go as deep as you. I've seen many people jump to conclusions they shouldn't. Splatoon being in the top 10 on Amazon Japan several days after pre-orders open should be expected. On the other hand, Splatoon being in the top 5 of Amazon Spain for weeks is a good sign.

It's all relative.

hiska-kun said:

Exactly!