By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm getting a PS2 next week, need help with games!

METAL GEAR SOLID 2 -3
DMC 1,2,3
GOD OF WAR I, II
FINAL FANTASY XII

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
DexInDaJungle said:
I appreciate all replies! I've jotted down a bunch of these that I never thought of buying or just completely forgot they existed.

I saw a lot of people recommend the Dynasty Warrior games and while I know they are quite popular with a lot of people, I was just never a fan. So I'll have to pass on those unless I can find one for really cheap just to see if maybe I've changed my mind.

And one question for you guys, are Final Fantasy 12 and Final Fantasy X-2 different games?

Completely diferent games.

X-2 is 10-2, a sequel to final fantasy 10.

final fantasy 12 is it own game as any normal numbered game in the series ( and the best IMO).

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

riecsou said:
Lol asking advice for maybe the greatest console ever is going to make you skip this gen for the rest of this year. If you enjoy hack and slash. Devil May Cry 1 and 3, and all the omnimusha games...

I have April-August completely free to game and socialize with friends (yeah right ).

So I'll be fine!

Yakuza 1/2

I hope that you have a deep wallet for all the rpg's on the PS2. A lot of them are as expensive or cost more than today's games. I suggest looking some up. Suikoden III and IV are good. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Front Mission 4, Dark Cloud 1 & 2, Grandia 2 & 3. There's plenty of 'em.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
DexInDaJungle said:

One of the best childhood memories I have is my mom buying me Spider-Man 2 for PS2 on the day it came out. I spent the entire day playing through it, such a fun game!

i'd also suggest Ulitmate Spider-Man as well espically since you don't only play as Spider-Man but also Venom and other Marvel heroes appear like Spider-Man racing Johnny Storm/Human Torch though the city in a side mission and Wolverine being a boss fight for Venom

OMG I forgot about Spiderman 2. I love that game!!!!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Aeolus451 said:
I hope that you have a deep wallet for all the rpg's on the PS2. A lot of them are as expensive or cost more than today's games. I suggest looking some up. Suikoden III and IV are good. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Front Mission 4, Dark Cloud 1 & 2, Grandia 2 & 3. There's plenty of 'em.

Well I'm not buying all these games right away so I'm sure it will be fine :)

Shadow of destiny

Dark Cloud 2 sounds perfect for you.

You really don't have to play the first Dark Cloud but since you mention having an OCD I doubt you'll skip it lol

Hiku said:
DexInDaJungle said:
riecsou said:
Lol asking advice for maybe the greatest console ever is going to make you skip this gen for the rest of this year. If you enjoy hack and slash. Devil May Cry 1 and 3, and all the omnimusha games...

I have April-August 2015-2019 completely free to game and socialize with friends (yeah right ).

So I'll be fine!

Fixed that for you.

Yeah I dropped out of high school for the second time. First day they told me there's no recess or chocolate milk during lunch. Fuck that.