By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - D-Pad vs Analog Sticks

Which do you like the most?

The D-Pad for life 14 24.56%

Anolog sticks were the future 36 63.16%

N/A 7 12.28%

Total:57

Up until the fifth generation, all consoles came equipped with only a D-pad and that was the only way how you could control your on-screen character. Then in came the N64 came with an analog stick which provided a somewhat different form of control. So what I want to know from you guys is whether or not you prfer the D-pad or analog stick as a form of control, you can either vote in the poll or state your opinion in a post. As a control you can take in 2.5D games, do you prefare playing them with an analog stick or using a D-pad.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

D-Pad for 2D games.

2d games on dpad
3d games on analogue stick.

They all have the good sense to include both.

Highly dependent on the games... Like if its a platformer, then the dpad but if its a racing game, then the analog sticks

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I used to prefer D pad on 3D games a long time ago, although I don't even use a d pad on 2d games. I am a strict Analogue user.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Updated OP to reflect upper comments, base your vote/ opinion on 2.5D games as these can both be played perfectly on a D-pad or Analog stick so it then all comes down to personal preference.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

D-pad by far.

Depends on what im playing.

D-pads for 2D platformer and fighting games

Analogue for almost everything else

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Something in between...

It's pretty obvious that a Dpad is better for side scrollers and fighting games, while an analog stick is better for 3D games.