By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Persona 5 vs SMTxFE. Which one will have a better reception?

Tagged games:

Persona 5 vs SMTxFE. Which one will have a better reception?

Persona 5 60 63.83%

MTxFE 26 27.66%

Results 7 7.45%

Total:93
Captain_Yuri said:
Persona 5 cause SMT X FE is a crossover

Judging by the way it looks, it's a crossover only in name. It's pretty much a fully blown new franchise.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

Now that SMTxFE has been shown and we know it's not canned, we can hope this game to be fantastic. With Persona 5 on its way too, Atlus is going to release two of its biggest games in a while. Which one will get a better reception? Which one will have a higher metacritic and critical score?

I love persona... I hate blind fanboyism.  that's my answer. 

spemanig said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Persona 5 cause SMT X FE is a crossover

Judging by the way it looks, it's a crossover only in name. It's pretty much a fully blown new franchise.

Well, I do like the graphics and stuff so far but since we know very little about both Persona and SMT x FE, its a safer bet to go with Persona than SMT x FE for me

I will be buying both anyway though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Honestly, I don't know. I mean, IR#FE looks pretty stupid, if I'm honest. But I also think Persona 3+4 look stupid for the same reasons, and those are critically acclaimed. If this is a game made by the same company, as well as Intelligent Systems, this game has a seriously good chance of actually being really good too.

I seriously can't consider this a crossover though. This may as well be a fully blown new IP now, in the same way that Smash is, even though its also technically a cross over. This is no Hyrule Warriors, that's for sure. And honestly, even if it is a cross over, it's one based off two of the most well respected japanese franchises of all time. And they're obviously taking the project more seriously than something like Persona Q.

It's definitely not a "fan service crossover" where the only point is to pander to fans of two games. It's its own game now. No matter what I don't like about it's looks and setting, that's enough to get me interested.

And it's thankfully not an SRPG either! :D

Captain_Yuri said:

Well, I do like the graphics and stuff so far but since we know very little about both Persona and SMT x FE, its a safer bet to go with Persona than SMT x FE for me

I will be buying both anyway though

I agree there. P5 coming from an astablished series makes it a safer bet. This is an extremely interesting game to keep an eye one though.

Anyone else notice how Trinen seemed to hilariously be breaking the forth wall when he thanked us for being patient. It's like he was literally saying "Sorry guys. Like seriously, sorry. Trust me, we know this took way too long to show."

Around the Network

Persona 5 of course. Going off of 4 Golden Persona 5 is likely to be one of the greatest JRPGs ever made. That's a lot to ask of SMTxFE (although it did look fucking amazing)

Well my opinion truthfully hardly counts here as I have yet to play any of the Persona games. Tough I do respect their popularity as well as their fans. I think Persona 5 will be more critically acclaimed over all. However I also think that SMTxFE will receive much better attention from the Nintendo fans. I am quite a fan of the Fire Emblem series and I am feeling a bit bummed out that the game seems to be more leaned to the SMT sides of things and very little to the Fire Emblem side. It feels like a 80/20 cross over from what we have seen so far. I hope I am wrong because I would love to see this game succeed but as for right now I am extremely hyped for the new Fire Emblem for the 3DS. Words can't describe how hyped I am for that game!

Persona. Cause I'm bias.