By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 is 200+ hours long

Hiya there Zelda 2015 replacement!

Around the Network

sounds very boring spending so much time on a videogame to me. You also will probably fight against the same enemy types for the most part and see here and there a dragon or different monster than a human enemy.

I can't stand "long" games anymore, mainly because it's mostly filler that makes these games long. Dragon Age Inquisition is a big example of this, but even games like Dragon's Dogma that artificially increased gameplay time by not having any quick travel methods or Bravely Default that recycles the game for the last 4 chapters. I can't stand games that artificially increase gameplay time with such sad methods. Give me a compact powerful experience, not a never ending filler game.

I think today, a 200-hour filler filled game is a big negative for me, certainly not a positive. I wasn't planning on getting this and this 200 hour playtime for a complete playthrough just comforts that choice.

even 40 hours is too long. losing interest in this game.

Man, the length is good if you're planning to spend that time on a game, but just because its long doesn't equal a good game, and i doubt i'm gonna spend that much time myself (Not getting the game anyways)

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Nice length; not sure what this has to do with XCX though. I've removed the XCX information from the OP; and let's try and keep it about The Witcher 3 only please.

Why? Because you don't want to see a point of debate between The Witcher 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X?

That was kinda why I added "But Xenoblade Chronicles X is 300+ hours long... just saying"

It's a Nintendo fanboy post. ;)

Just saying. :D

And if someone did this with XCX as the topic, then added Witcher 3, I highly doubt the Witcher 3 part of the OP would get removed. (As stuff like this has happened before and those didn't get removed.) But you know, whatever you wanna do isn't my call.

It's also worth mentioning, I made this thread. So I'm pretty sure I get to choose what I post. The title is clickbait. :)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Probably measured in DAI hours.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.