By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I predict Xb one will win April or May NPD because of the Batman themed PS4.

binary solo said:

Seriously, why would you buy a PS4, in May especially, if you only had to wait a few weeks to get this? Damn I wish I didn't already own a PS4, and I'm not even a much of a fan of the Arkham series.

The special edition PS4 is already #1 on Amazon in less than a day of it being announced.

What do you reckon?

Obviously it means I think PS4 will obliterate everything in the June NPD.

Bynary, i think that you are one of the brightest minds here, that said...

I have to say i don't agree with you in that one. It's just not logical to me.

Around the Network

For some reason, I don't really like the batman design for the PS4... :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

WhiteEaglePL said:
I dislike superhero's (except IronMan) so I agree.

You dislike superhero's what? Eyes, hairstyle, alter ego, costume, abilities? I am confused.

Or do you mean you dislike superheroes?

The calculus is fairly simple.

Without any special edition bundles thrown into the mix expected PS4 and Xb one sales are X and Y, and Z-Y=Z1 which is the expected difference between PS4 and Xb one sales for a month.

With a special edition console added to the mix, then it is certain that some people (B) will delay their PS4 purchase in order to get that special edition. therefore the new expected sales for a month will be (X-B). This means Z is calculated by (X-B)-Y=Z2.

If  Z1 is relatively small (which it might be for May) and B>Z, that means Z2 will be in favour of Xb one rather than PS4.

I think with March and April looking to be significant PS4 months (people possibly bringing forward PS4 purchases for the exclusive releases there are now), and with purchases being delayed because of the Batman special edition, it is possible that B>Z1. Xb one is a far more attractive prospect now than it was this time last year, so I don't think you can use last year's information as a basis for how things will go this May.

I do think that probably April belongs to PS4, so really it's whether there will be a decreased amount of PS4 sales in May.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I can see the bundle dropping 50k off Playstation sales for both months. But those 50k people will be waiting on the bundle, not buying an Xbox one instead. If the limited edition version was at $399 and not limited, that might have made a bit more impact.

I won't change the title. But I am thinking Xb one could win April AND May now. Perhaps with the Batman Bundle actually available in April people held off buying. But with the bundle being pretty much sold out now maybe May PS4 sales won't be so affected.

Hard to tell really, but Xb one is in with a good chance of taking both months.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Time for some crow

Good thread. Congrats.

Of course it seems there were other factors. I hear there were some promotions for Xb one in April?

Jimi Hendrix

agreed I haven't seen the april npd yet but this prediction makes a lot of sense

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Great prediction! Let's see what May has in store.