By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 1 Remaster or Gears of War Collection?

Teeqoz said:
Gears collection, fully remade.

That wasn't one of the options lol :p

Around the Network

A collection would make more sense, it won't spoil the next gen jump that GE4 will provide

How about a new Gears of War?

DexInDaJungle said:
TheSting said:
Who would do just one game to remaster lol?

I see what you did there

Bad joke but I'd think the ppl would want all or nothing. 

TheSting said:
DexInDaJungle said:

I see what you did there

Bad joke but I'd think the ppl would want all or nothing. 

I mean yeah I agree. I don't think these games need a full remaster from the ground up seeing as they aren't that old. I'd just like them re-released so people can once again have access to the amazing MP that the Gears games had!

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
How about a new Gears of War?

You mean the thing Black Tusk is currently working on?

A collection of the classic games would likely be put in the hands of a 3rd party. Personally, I believe that collection is already in development. Maybe it'll come next year to hype the next Gears.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Collection. I just want the same 360 games in 1080p/60 fps.

If anything, maybe they can do some tweaks that make the games look a little more polished. Such as improved lighting, shadows, and other things like that.

Also, the best thing about a Gears collection would be multiplayer done the same way as MCC. Playlists that include all the games.

Out of curosity I remember you arguing with me a while back how resolution does not matter. Now it does?

OT: The collection, may be enough to get me to get an XBOne. 

shikamaru317 said:
I'm sure most people would prefer the whole Gears Collection, but Black Tusk devs are denying that it's in the works, so they might just be doing a remake of 1.

MS also denied a remaster of Halo 2 was in the works. Halo:MCC information was leaked well before the announcement.

Anyhow, MS is in a position where they want to give the fans what they want. And a single Gears game isn't what we want on X1. Especially after being spoiled with MCC.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

rolltide101x said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Collection. I just want the same 360 games in 1080p/60 fps.

If anything, maybe they can do some tweaks that make the games look a little more polished. Such as improved lighting, shadows, and other things like that.

Also, the best thing about a Gears collection would be multiplayer done the same way as MCC. Playlists that include all the games.

Out of curosity I remember you arguing with me a while back how resolution does not matter. Now it does?

Does resolution matter? Yes and no. Any game enjoyable at 1080p is still enjoyable at 900p or even 720p. When the resolution gets lower than that though, it can be a nuisance. Hence, 720p is still sharp to the average gamer. While a resolution like 480p can be an eyesore on a HD TV.

Anyhow, that isn't really relevant to this discussion. Because when we're talking about 7th gen games with mostly untouched graphics on X1, in those cases 1080p/60 fps is pretty much expected. Frankly, I don't even care if they are below 1080p, 60 fps is more important.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:

Does resolution matter? Yes and no. Any game enjoyable at 1080p is still great at 900p or even 720p. When the resolution gets lower than that though, it can be a nuisance. Hence, 720p is still sharp to the average gamer. While a resolution like 480p can be an eyesore on a HD TV.

Anyhow, that isn't really relevant to this discussion. Because when we're talking about 7th gen games with mostly untouched graphics on X1, in those cases 1080p/60 fps is pretty much expected. Frankly, I don't even care if they are below 1080p, 60 fps is more important.

Backtracking now lol