By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you pay for VR?

What would you pay for VR?

$150 21 17.07%

$200 32 26.02%

$250 10 8.13%

$300 24 19.51%

$350+ 13 10.57%

I would never buy a VR headset 23 18.70%

Total:123

3 hundred. But it would have to have a lot of games first. Not going to buy it and then realize I was one of the few, and it doesn't get supported.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

to me, the reasonable price for PM will be...

US$199 by itself
US$239 with a game
US$299 with the PS camera and a game

if its priced more than any of these will be expensive to me...

nothing cause i can't use it

the worth to me is also largely dependend on whether or not PM can be used as a 3DTV aswell, ideally for multiple sources (PC,..), although right now all of my home 3D video consumption comes in the form of 3D BRs

30$ for cancer sounds right

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

It comes down to compelling software for me. With little to no software that appeals to me have no desire to bother. If something really strikes my interest then I could see spending $200. It would have to be amazing to get me to spend $300 and up though.

Ka-pi96 said:
For real VR, I'd pay as much as I could afford!

For that fake VR thing that Sony and others are developing I wouldn't pay a penny.

SAO like? I would pay for it. 

I agree.

shikamaru317 said:
I feel like it's too early to get one now, maybe in about 7 years. As of now they're all 1080p, and the PPD of a 1080p screen just a few inches from your face is pretty low. I feel like VR wouldn't be worth it until consoles and mid-range PC's can output 4K, and they can afford to put a 4k screen into a VR headset for $250 or less.

not wrong, but I expect it to become better rather quickly, as it actually only needs eye-tracking, which already operates quickly enough, it just needs to be miniaturized enough to fit into the VR set

with accurate eye-tracking only a small bit of the screen actually needs to be displayed at high resolution, while the rest can be rendered at low resolutions saving a ton of performance especially when driving a high res display

People should not expect them to be anything under $250.

depends. if its really good... up to 400 €.

Hunting Season is done...