By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My goodness Nintendo... support your faithful core fans or just leave the business.

Is Nintendo betraying it's fanbase again?

Yes. 55 31.25%

No. 108 61.36%

Nintendo can do no. wrong. 13 7.39%

Total:176
MakeAccountLater said:
curl-6 said:

No, but... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGNeLufdAU

Ahhh... Never noticed there was such a difference in fps. Guess having subpar eyesight has its advantages . Anyways, you are right that it may not be the best port, but it was an enjoyable experience for me. Getting collectibles is so much better with the gamepad. Was the same for me with Arkham Origins, though I DID notice the frame rate drops in that one. And that one blocked my WiiU up on several occasions as well.

It´s Arkham city a bad port too? :(

I was thinking on buy it T_T 

That´s why i never buy any multiplatform on WiiU.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
MakeAccountLater said:

Ahhh... Never noticed there was such a difference in fps. Guess having subpar eyesight has its advantages . Anyways, you are right that it may not be the best port, but it was an enjoyable experience for me. Getting collectibles is so much better with the gamepad. Was the same for me with Arkham Origins, though I DID notice the frame rate drops in that one. And that one blocked my WiiU up on several occasions as well.

Arkham City on Wii U is not bad; it has some fps drops, but also some cool Gamepad features and cleaned up graphics.

Arkham Origins on Wii U is straight up trash though.

Goodnightmoon said:
MakeAccountLater said:

Didn't play Arkham City on WiiU so couldn't say. Origins was okay... If you don't mind having to  hard reset your console every so often . I did like that you could fast travel by simply tapping a location on the gamepad. It meant for less time in the menu, which I liked. I don't know how Origins performed on the other consoles either. Could be that it's because of the game and not because it's a bad port? There's probably some info on the web about City's performance. So I would look into that

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

Guess Curl has you answer

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Arkham City on Wii U is not bad; it has some fps drops, but also some cool Gamepad features and cleaned up graphics.

Arkham Origins on Wii U is straight up trash though.

I used to play on PC for the last years and now anything below 60fps feels... a little odd to me sometimes (not with Pikmin 3, that game feels smooth even at 30fps). But, the framedrops to 20fps... I usually  can´t stand that, but the game is not working on Windows 8.1 so I have to buy it on WiiU...

I guess the gamepad adds some value and the game seems really good so maybe I´ll give it a chance. 

Around the Network
MakeAccountLater said:

Guess Curl has you answer

Yes, but thanks for the info :P

Skullwaker said:
Is this the 26th thread now?

Keep 'em coming.

I forgot you're used to being a Sony fan. Welcome to Nintendo! :P

Man, people still saying this crap of Nintendo abandoned hardcore gamers in these days? lmao

At present the Wii U is 2 years and 4 months into its life, so not that old. If they were to replace it just after its 3rd birthday I would be pretty pissed, as I have dropped some serious £££ on games, controllers and external hard drive etc. However, I don't think NX is a Wii U replacement, it even co-exists with 3DS and Wii U on the plans of the presentation. We have no idea what NX will be, and the only info we have is some possible news on it in 2016. I also think the only reason Nintendo mentioned NX was to tell the doom mongers that, although Nintendo are going into smartphone business they are not dropping dedicated hardware. Its only natural Nintendo are working on their next hardware, just as Sony and Microsoft are.

gamemaster4747 said:

Note: I'm not hating on Nintendo fans. I am trying to stand up for you. I myself would buy Nintendo again if they would create a normal system again and support it.

I am no Nintendo hater. In fact I have owned several Nintendo systems. But they lost my loyalty with Wii. I felt the motion control gimmicks and going after a new type of gamer was a betrayal to their core gamers.

Well as a Nintendo fan, I'm calling bullshit on you. You're a troll.

During the first year of the Wii we got Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime III, and Super Mario Galaxy. Not just any Mario, but a game that is considered to be one of the most inovative and high quality games ever released. Gamerankings has it sitting on top of the list, the only game to have ever surpassed Ocarina of Time. In addition, we got very interesting games like Endless Ocean, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario. Party games like Mario Party, Wii Sports, and Wario Ware Smooth Moves.

All just in the first year, perhaps the strongest presense Nintendo has ever had on any console ever with the mix of games they released. Not to mention, this was only the beginning of what was a monumental victory for Nintendo. The Wii was a dream for Nintendo fans, and you are saying Nintendo betrayed you?The sheer illogical ridiculousness of your post is why I call bullshit on you.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.