By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My goodness Nintendo... support your faithful core fans or just leave the business.

Is Nintendo betraying it's fanbase again?

Yes. 55 31.25%

No. 108 61.36%

Nintendo can do no. wrong. 13 7.39%

Total:176
Tachikoma said:

*deep breath*

Pay close attention to my avatar, it states SCEJ developer, which is what I am, I have however worked for many other studios in the past, why is this relevant? well let me tell you.

When the WiiU released, it received fairly frequent third party multiplatform releases, the problem with this is that these third party titles baring one or two, were inferior to the PS3 and 360 versions, despite the WiiU being more capable hardware barely any developers actually put in the time and investment to fully utilize that hardware, as such they released mediocre software on the WiiU, Nintendo gamers are generally a very picky bunch when it comes to non-nintendo titles so what happens is, you have a group of picky gamers being spoon fed shitty ports, the result is the picky gamers say no, i wont buy this crap.

Third parties continue to port last gen versions to WiiU and the relationship between Nintendo gamers and the individual studios breaks down, why would a Nintendo gamer be excited for a third party game from a studio that released a steaming pile of shit the past few times?

Last gen versions become scarce and you have two extremely similar platforms, the PS4 and XBO, both selling better than the WiiU, both with comparable performance, the cost to port between them at an all time low, then we have the black sheep in the field, the WiiU, it's players already sting by the shitty treatment from third parties shovveling shit under their noses to turn a quick buck, and the third parties themselves unhappy that the steaming piles of shit they shoveled didnt magically sell well, a vicious cycle caused in a minor point by the pickyness of Nintendo gamers, and as a majority point by the low effort and investment by third parties, who for want of a better analogy, thought they could shovel up the scrapings left from ps3/360 last gen ports and pass them off as new games, shit doesnt work that way.

If you dont put in the effort, if you dont make as best use of the hardware that you can, or at least TRY to, then you don't deserve the sales, so when you do that and the resulting game sells like crap, it's nobody elses fault but your own.

People like to pin the third party situation on Nintendo, but the reality is simply that third parties tried to offload last gen ports, terrible ones at that, as shiny new wiiu games, Nintendo gamers didn't fall for it, and third parties turned around with the attitude of, "well since our shitty games didnt sell, theres no point porting our current gen games in future".

What theyre REALLY doing though, is using it as an excuse to not have to invest in supporting a third platform directly, and in the rare occasion they do offload the port to another company, said port releases 6 months after the games old news, and the company that ported it generally does a shit job too.

So at first you get sort of syncronized releases, but shitty ports, why would they buy these?
Then you get late ports of releases, ported by third parties and even worse quality wise, theres even LESS reason to buy.

Nintendo may indeed have their problems with the shift to HD and the costs and timeframes associated with that, but the third party situation is down almost entirely to third parties themselves shoveling shit sprinkled with rosemary, at the end of the day it's still a plate of shit.

So why does my job/experience make a difference here?, because I've been with Sony, i've been with Nintendo, and i've been with third parties, I've seen the shitty practices in all situations, and because of that, I know full well just how shitly third party treated Nintendo gamers for the first 16 months of the WiiU's life - theyre hanging that public response around their neck like it's the end users fault, it isn't, it's the lazyness and greed of the third parties.

I give to your analysis a 10/10 - Too much sense

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Cloudman said:

After Ubisoft basically said they have no faith in Wii U and decide to delay it to make sure they get a profit from their game, knowing the game is finished and ready to release, why the hell should I, as a Wii U owner, buy their game when they say that? The answer is no. That is no way to treat a base. They don`t have faith in it, so why should I? That basically seems like a middle finger to me, as well as the other games they try to pass as `new` and then blame us when they don`t sell, as well as delay a game 6 months after it was released on other consoles, making it a pointless port to release. So no, unless they show proper support, I won`t support that crap.

Tachi is right. I`m a picky person in the Ninten base when it comes to games, but I want better games than what they showed us, and they stop supporting the console when their late ports don`t sell. I`d have a poor view of 3rd parties too, and sorta do now. As a fan, I like Ninten`s IPs, but I want other games too, and not some of the crap 3rd parties have `given` us.

So what's the excuse for 95% of the Wii U userbase ignoring Bayonetta 2? 

Rayman is a wonderful game on the Wii U too by the way, if you ignored it because of a six month delay, really it's your loss. 

If a fanbase is that freaking finicky and fussy I don't blame third parties for not rolling over themselves to grovel at Nintendo's feet. 

Instead of whining constantly about not having a Mario platformer or Mario Kart or Smash Brothers or Zelda to play (the same four franchises) ... go outside of the comfort zone and try perfectly good other titles. 

Batman is a good game. So is Assassin's Creed IV actually. Both COD games on the Wii U were good. Rayman was great. Tekken Tag 2 was pretty solid. Bayonetta 2 is phenomenonal. Wonderful 101 is great. Pikmin 3 is beautiful. DKC: Tropical Freeze was criminally looked over by the Wii U fanbase. Captain Toad deserves a better sales fate than what it got. Splatoon will probably be the next one to underperform on this fanbase. 

Looking at the VG Chartz database, Bayo 2 sits at about .65 mil, which is a rather low number when at least a mil seems to be a decent amount. But look at Bayo 1, which sold at 1.18 mil on PS3 and .91 on Xbox360. When you look at those numbers and the install base numbers, it actually did better on the Wii U than the PS3/360 if you put it in that perspective. Also, I got a copy of that game too on day one. Not everyone will love it, but I sure appreciate it.

I`ll buy Rayman on the Wii U eventually, but it went from an early buy to a sick taste in my mouth. I won`t forget what they did easy.

Like I said, if 3rd party supports a console as poorly as they have in the beginning, users don`t need to support that. They can leave if they want, but they still carry the blame, not entirely Nintendo. I`ll buy games outside of Nintendo`s when they`re good and interest me. I don`t buy just for the sake of buying.

Bolded are the ones I got, and underlined are the ones I want. As for the rest, not really interested.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Soundwave said:

Batman, BLOPS2, Need for Speed, and ACIV are perfectly fine on the Wii U too. 

AC4 on the Wii U is a rancid clusterfuck, it runs like an elderly tortoise with polio.

curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:

Batman, BLOPS2, Need for Speed, and ACIV are perfectly fine on the Wii U too. 

AC4 on the Wii U is a rancid clusterfuck, it runs like an elderly tortoise with polio.

Did you actually play AC IV on WiiU? I played AC IV on WiiU and Rogue on PS3 back to back, and didn't really notice that much difference performance wise... But that might have more to do with Rogue though . Anyways I enjoyed AC IV on WiiU with the map on the gamepad. O, and Unlike Rogue and Freedom Cry on PS3 AC IV never blocked my WiiU. Now Watch_Dogs on WiiU that's a different story altogether...

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

MakeAccountLater said:
curl-6 said:

Did you actually play AC IV on WiiU? I played AC IV on WiiU and Rogue on PS3 back to back, and didn't really notice that much difference performance wise... But that might have more to do with Rogue though . Anyways I enjoyed AC IV on WiiU with the map on the gamepad. O, and Unlike Rogue and Freedom Cry on PS3 AC IV never blocked my WiiU. Now Watch_Dogs on WiiU that's a different story altogether...

No, but... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGNeLufdAU

Around the Network

I have ACIV on Wii U it played alright I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTiD9-Ma5HE

Comparison of the various versions, sure the PS4 version looks the best but that's to be expected. 

You guys would've died in the 90s when we tolerated things like Street Fighter 2 and NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat ports to the SNES and Genesis. 

Nintendo betraying fan base again thread without real facts and you say you are not Nintendo hater, really!?

Nintendo is supporting their core fans with Wii U, just look all that great Nintendo Wii U games, some of them are best in their whole franchises, and more are coming this year and next year too, including Zelda U. That's great support if we know very bad Wii U sales numbers.

If you are really informed about Nintendo, you would know that there no chance that Nintendo will not deliver Zelda U on Wii U console.

About Nintendo games on mobiles, whole point of NX announcement was made because suring market that Nintendo is not abandoning consoles, and NX is probably next Nintendo handheld.

Really people if you making threads get some infos and facts.

curl-6 said:
MakeAccountLater said:

No, but... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGNeLufdAU

Ahhh... Never noticed there was such a difference in fps. Guess having subpar eyesight has its advantages . Anyways, you are right that it may not be the best port, but it was an enjoyable experience for me. Getting collectibles is so much better with the gamepad. Was the same for me with Arkham Origins, though I DID notice the frame rate drops in that one. And that one blocked my WiiU up on several occasions as well.

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

Soundwave said:

I have ACIV on Wii U it played alright I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTiD9-Ma5HE

Comparison of the various versions, sure the PS4 version looks the best but that's to be expected. 

You guys would've died in the 90s when we tolerated things like Street Fighter 2 and NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat ports to the SNES and Genesis. 

I was a SNES gamer in the 90s, I played Starfox at 25fps and loved it. :p

I do expect better from a modern action game though.

gamemaster4747 said:

Note: I'm not hating on Nintendo fans. I am trying to stand up for you. I myself would buy Nintendo again if they would create a normal system again and support it.

I've been away for awhile, due to spiritual concerns. I am back; for the moment at least. I am here to talk about Nintendo's HUGE screw ups.

I am no Nintendo hater. In fact I have owned several Nintendo systems. But they lost my loyalty with Wii. I felt the motion control gimmicks and going after a new type of gamer was a betrayal to their core gamers. And look at the results years later. The core gamers are down to about ten million. That's a far cry from the SNES days, when they were at near fifty million, or even the Gamecube days, when I believe they were numbered around 18 million. Ten million Nintendo faithful... perhaps fifteen at the most, is not much. Will Wii U even reach fifteen million buyers? I have doubts.

The Wii was a lucky shot in the dark that earned Nintendo many millions of dollars, but left faithful core gamers as somewhat of an afterthought. Now Nintendo is preparing to betray the faithful again. They have alrealdy announced a new console only three years in with Wii U, and have delayed the new Zelda to 2016. 

What does this mean? In my strong opinion, they will all but completely abandon Wii U game development quicky and even have the new Zelda be ported to their new NX system, or worse, move the whole project to only NX. If so, this will alienate and lower the Nintendo core even more.

Perhaps even worse, Nintendo has decided to go with cell phone gaming and bringing it's franchises to them instead of a new Nintendo handheld, most likely. Would you want to play the next Mario or Metroid with awkward phone controls? I know I wouldn't. 

What do you Nintendo faithful, that are left, think about all of this?

explain?