By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cancelled ZombiU 2 would have introduced co-op

Darwinianevolution said:
Natsu said:
bunchanumbers said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Why didn't Nintendo just buy the IP? It was taylormade for the Wii U and the Gamepad, it wouldn't work in other systems, and if you take away the tablet controller, it would be undistinguishable in the sea of zombie games we have. I'm sure Ubisoft wouldn't have cared either.

The ip wasn't worth buying.

Even if Nintendo wanted their own zombie game they could have just made a brand new ip themselves and it may well have been better as well.

See that was why the franchise would have been worth a buy. I'm sure it would have been sold for peanuts and Nintendo could have done anything with it. Retro could have done something with it.

They can still buy it can't they?

Unless Nintendo just buys it to finish Zombie U2, I don't see the point anymore. Once the Wii U is out of the market, the only thing that distinguish this game, the Gamepad, will be gone. It wouldn't be any different that any other zombie game. I think the one in the wrong is Ubisoft, now it's stuck wit a franchise that won't fit anywhere else but the U, and they could have sold it and made a quick profit.

Oh might as well make their own zombie game then.

Around the Network

The problem with Zombi U I think was that people simply don't like slow paced shooters.

People want fast paced shoot 'em ups ... things like Zombi U and Metroid Prime are too slow paced to be break out mass market hits. That's why Nintendo tried to "Halo-ize" Metroid Prime in both MP2 (multiplayer) and MP3 (more Halo like story/action set pieces).

If Nintendo wants to make a zombie shooter, Left 4 Dead is more of what they should look at, that's the type of game the mass market really enjoys. It's fast, funny (sense of humor), and the multiplayer is a blast. 

: (

Zombi4 and ZombiOne hype!

cause the world needs more zombie games

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Why didn't Nintendo just buy the IP? It was taylormade for the Wii U and the Gamepad, it wouldn't work in other systems, and if you take away the tablet controller, it would be undistinguishable in the sea of zombie games we have. I'm sure Ubisoft wouldn't have cared either.

The ip wasn't worth buying.

Even if Nintendo wanted their own zombie game they could have just made a brand new ip themselves and it may well have been better as well.

That and they already have two (or maybe 1.5) horror IPs they don't do enough with. Eternal Darkness under a motivated team like Retro or any number of developers out there with Nintendo's guidance could be stellar, not to mention their nebulous ownership of Fatal Frame which goes wasted because they won't release any of the games outside of Japan besides what appeared to be  a AR experiement.

It's a shame that it got cancelled, but if Ubisoft wasn't happy with the original's sales then yeah...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---