By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Both Common and Annoying misconceptions.

I'm pretty much a semi active user and most of the time I spend on this website is done reading other people's posts , it's pretty shocking to see the volume of ignorant , ill informed , un-justified posts that are thrown about about by fanboys on these forums to give their console's credibility.

I'll adress some misconceptions that annoy me the most.

-There's no way the XBOX 360 can have an install base of 17 Million even if the faliure rate is a high as 10% (with reports claiming it to be as much as 33%) then the install base could not possibly be more than 16 Million.

-Third Parties Hugley Benefit from the Wii despite the success of it's 1st party titles ( I used to believe otherwise until looking at the raw data)

-Hardly anyone that matters ( the consumer ) knows anything about DLC for the 360 , however I still beliieve the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version by a significant margin.

-SSBB is not going to sell 200 trillion units , it's not as significant a game as many people on these forums make it out to be , they are allowing they're love for the game to bloat their sales estimates.

-BC really isn't all that important in PS3's , yes the Japanese went crazy for em on ebay when they BC PS3's where phased out in Japan but they don't represent the whole market. The cost of a 40Gb PS2 + PS2 is less than a 60GB ( it is the UK anyway) Plus if you love BC so much maybe the PS3 isn't for you.

-MS Doesn't have a chance of doing anything in Japan , Not this Year , Proly Not '09, Maybe 2010 if they really invested money into JRPG's ,anime games etc.

-MS WILL NOT release an "XBOX 720" until at least 2011 , considering the R&D cost's , profitability from this generation , shareholder confidence , decreased consumer confidence. It's not like MS can say "oh Sony's fanbase is bigger than ours now let's just release 720 , that'll kill em" It doesn't work like that.

-PS3 Has alota cool exclusives this year but it's not like the 360 hasn't got it's fair share of killer exclusives to , do the proper research before putting down MS's lineup.

Well ok some of them aren't misconceptions , some are debatable but cmon....VG

Around the Network
Million said:

-There's no way the XBOX 360 can have an install base of 17 Million even if the faliure rate is a high as 10% (with reports claiming it to be as much as 33%) then the install base could not possibly be more than 16 Million.

Try 70% http://www.aeropause.com/archives/2008/03/the_seventy_percent_failure_ra.php 

Million said:

I'm pretty much a semi active user and most of the time I spend on this website is done reading other people's posts , it's pretty shocking to see the volume of ignorant , ill informed , un-justified posts that are thrown about about by fanboys on these forums to give their console's credibility.

I'll adress some misconceptions that annoy me the most.

-There's no way the XBOX 360 can have an install base of 17 Million even if the faliure rate is a high as 10% (with reports claiming it to be as much as 33%) then the install base could not possibly be more than  16 Million.

-Third Parties Hugley Benefit from the Wii despite the success of it's 1st party titles ( I used to believe otherwise until looking at the raw data)

-Hardly anyone that matters ( the consumer ) knows anything about DLC for the 360 , however I still beliieve the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version by a significant margin.

-SSBB is not going to sell 200 trillion units , it's not as significant a game as many people on these forums make it out to be , they are allowing they're love for the game to bloat their sales estimates.

-BC really isn't all that important in PS3's , yes the japs went crazy for em on ebay when they BC PS3's where phased out in Japan but they don't represent the whole market. The cost of a 40Gb PS2 + PS2 is less than a 60GB ( it is the UK anyway) Plus if you love BC so much maybe the PS3 isn't for you.

-MS Doesn't have a chance of doing anything in Japan , Not this Year , Proly Not '09, Maybe 2010 if they really invested money into JRPG's ,anime games etc.

-MS WILL NOT release an "XBOX 720" until at least 2011 , considering the R&D cost's , profitability from this generation , shareholder confidence , decreased consumer confidence. It's not like MS can say "oh Sony's fanbase is bigger than ours now let's just release 720 , that'll kill em" It doesn't work like that.

-PS3 Has alota cool exclusives this year but it's not like the 360 hasn't got it's fair share of killer exclusives to , do the proper research before putting down MS's lineup.

Well ok some of them aren't misconceptions , some are debatable but cmon....VG

actually considering M$ counts repaced consoles as sales they sold around 17 million to customers yet the actual install base is around 15 million give or take.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Nobody said Brawl will sell 200 Trillion Units. It will be one of, if not the best selling game this year looking at the Current Japan Sales.

Almost everyone with any knowledge of gaming electronics (Consumer) seems to want GTA4, and knows about down loadable content.

I addressed the Wii Third Party Issue Yesterday.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

completely off topic but,

i hate when people assume im jamaican because im black. this problem is becoming big in canada.

there are other black countries otehr than jamaica you know!

im st lucian, and dominican

anyways, yes i hate it when fanboys of a certain console bash other consoles and they dont do research. examples.

"360 has true 1080p"
"ps3 has no good games"
" psn lags"
"home has bad graphics"

etc etc. theres more just dont want to stress myself on this forum as i have been the whole day ( why is soccer unpopular in the us?)

Around the Network
__XBrawlX__ said:
Nobody said Brawl will sell 200 Trillion Units. It will be one of, if not the best selling game this year looking at the Current Japan Sales.

Almost everyone with any knowledge of gaming electronics (Consumer) seems to want GTA4, and knows about down loadable content.

I addressed the Wii Third Party Issue Yesterday.

When I said 200 trillion units I didn't really mean 200 trillion units , I was trying to put into perspective how people inflate their sales estimates.

And as for the DLC , the only way I know it exist's for the 360's gta is because I check gaming blogs like Kotaku everyday , none of my friends know about it . 

Thank you for blessing this cesspool of ignorance with your boundless knowledge holy one.

From this moment forth, our paths will be lit with divine sunlight. Whenever something good happens in our lives, whenever a stroke of luck crosses us, the word and your name "Million" shall be heard on the wind.

"Plus if you love BC so much maybe the PS3 isn't for you."

Thats just a stupid thing to say, if I ever where to buy a PS3 it would matter a big deal if I couldn´t play PS2 games, I´m not the only one in the world who didn´t have a PS2, not beeing able to play those classics is a HUGE letdown IMO.  

^ I know about the 200 trillion, but I wanted to act stupid!
I can defiantly agree with a lot of your points. But good luck pointing these out to certain reluctant members, who want there console to be top in everything.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Edited your post of the word "Japs".

Interesting points nonetheless.