By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Online with the Wii: How does it work?

How do I add friends and play online?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

You have a Wii? Well, all the Wii fanboys are playing SSBB, so come back tomorrow.

Ha! And the Wii is about ease-of-use.

My Ass!

Wii Online is confusing and pointless. No voicechat. Not even real text chat. Don't bother with it.

You used a computer to ask the question, just go buy Halo or Unreal and play those. It will take less time to go to the store, set them up on your PC, and start playing than it is to get the Wii online.

Except for the ones in Europe:(
First off all you should go to the wii settings and select wifi and internet (assuming you have wireless you should let the wii search for a point acces and it does the rest. If you have an adapter then thats it).
Then you go to the message channel. And say that you want to send an message then it will ask you to whom? Another wii is the answer and then you can save a friends code on the system. After that you will see a sort of notebook where the list will come from all your friend codes. You can add and edit from there.

You then send an mail to your friend you just added to tell him he should add you too. And voila then you have a wii connect with him/her/it.

Offcourse then you need your games code for the game you want to play online >.> 

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

Which reminds me, where is Soriku?

Around the Network

^His computer Broke.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

wii online is terrible.

no voice or text chat. you have a confusing friend code system

josh: "hey dude whats your wii friend code?"

dave: " o hey sup man, its 2654 56... FUCK i forgot."

get what i mean?

best thing for online wii are the mii's there cute. lol.

what do y'all do all day? sleep here?!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

The worst part of the wii is that they have wifi instead of an ethernet port. Thats one way to cut out over 90% of wii owners from going online.  And going online with wifi sucks i could never figure the shit out, the stupid guides never work.

You can use a USB to ethernet connection Griffin... I think you have to buy it online (not sold in shops for some reason) but it is possible.

However there would be no way for me (and a lot of people) to connect via wire because it would have to go from one corner of my room across to my door, along the hall and into my parents room then to the other side of that to get to the modem.