Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 rumored for August/September Release

JayWood2010 said:
jlmurph2 said:
September 22nd. Mark the date.

I predict Septmber 25th to coincide with Halo 3

We're both right ;) Sept. 22nd for the US. Sept 25th for the UK

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Scalebound and Quantum Break are both rumored for Q1-Q2 2016 already, neither is likely to be as big as UC4 though, even combined. I could maybe see them doing Gears Collection Q1-Q2 as well, Scalebound, Quantum Break, and Gears Collection combined would defintely be big enough to counter UC4, but releasing both Gears Collection and Gears 4 in the same year seems a little odd to me.

Regardless Microsoft's 2016 lineup is looking pretty strong, Quantum Break, Scalebound, probably Crackdown, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, possibly a game from Rare, possibly Age of Empires 4 or Halo Wars 2 from Decisive Games, and probably another 3rd party exclusive.

I think the revealed lineup they have is the best of the bunch right now.

Real big things coming up, good time to be an Xbox gamer.

I doubt it. Too early.

November. 

In order to get the black Friday and Christmas sales going.

So y'all gonna act like Fable Legends ain't gonna be a thing? Don't cross it it up now.

shikamaru317 said:
Shackkobe said:

I doubt it. Too early.

November. 

Nah, November would be a mistake, it'd put Halo 5 into direct competition with 2, maybe even 3 other first person shooters, CoD and Star Wars Battlefront are both November, and Tom Clacy's Rainbow 6 Siege might be as well. If they release in September it's only real compeition is MGS V, which is a different genre. Besides, Halo 5 will still boost Holiday sales even if it releases in September, all they have to do is make a Holiday bundle that includes Halo 5 and another game for a good price ($300?).

Makes sense, but these other games are cross platform.

If we remember how Microsoft used their exclusives to dominate US sales during November and December, we could expect something similar.

Releasing too early may waste the hype and excitement that would bring more sales in the Nov/Dec period.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
So y'all gonna act like Fable Legends ain't gonna be a thing? Don't cross it it up now.

I always forget about Fable Legends.  Not really a fan of Fable so i tend to forget about it.  Same goes to Crackdown.  Just slips my mind

Shackkobe said:
shikamaru317 said:
Shackkobe said:

I doubt it. Too early.

November. 

Nah, November would be a mistake, it'd put Halo 5 into direct competition with 2, maybe even 3 other first person shooters, CoD and Star Wars Battlefront are both November, and Tom Clacy's Rainbow 6 Siege might be as well. If they release in September it's only real compeition is MGS V, which is a different genre. Besides, Halo 5 will still boost Holiday sales even if it releases in September, all they have to do is make a Holiday bundle that includes Halo 5 and another game for a good price ($300?).

Makes sense, but these other games are cross platform.

If we remember how Microsoft used their exclusives to dominate US sales during November and December, we could expect something similar.

Releasing too early may waste the hype and excitement that would bring more sales in the Nov/Dec period.

Remember when GTA V released in September, or Halo 3? People still bought them for the holidays. Besides the huge multiplats, we also have Tomb Raider and Forza 6 to hype that season. 

shikamaru317 said:
Carl2291 said:

Ha, what Gears collection!?

In all seriousness, I think a Gears of War collection would be better to fill in the gaps post-Holiday. Theyre gonna need something to combat Uncharted 4 and Zelda in the early Months of 2016 and Gears of War has that marketting pull where it can stand against the big boys.

Gears collection with an invite to the Beta for Gears 4? People will jump on that as much as they did the MCC.

Scalebound and Quantum Break are both rumored for Q1-Q2 2016 already, neither is likely to be as big as UC4 though, even combined. I could maybe see them doing Gears Collection Q1-Q2 as well, Scalebound, Quantum Break, and Gears Collection combined would defintely be big enough to counter UC4, but releasing both Gears Collection and Gears 4 in the same year seems a little odd to me.

Regardless Microsoft's 2016 lineup is looking pretty strong, Quantum Break, Scalebound, probably Crackdown, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, possibly a game from Rare, possibly Age of Empires 4 or Halo Wars 2 from Decisive Games, and probably another 3rd party exclusive.

Gears 4 could be a 2017-Q1 launch.

If Black Tusck started work on the game in early 2014 and a 3 year cycle seems to be the norm this days. I would be surprised. 

Dark_Feanor said:

Gears 4 could be a 2017-Q1 launch.

If Black Tusck started work on the game in early 2014 and a 3 year cycle seems to be the norm this days. I would be surprised. 

Gears from 1-3 used 50 people team to make them.

Black Tusk has 100+ employees and the people in charge are all industry veterans, including Rod Fergusson and other ex-Epic employees.

All the possibilities are up in the air start 2016.

Barkley said:
celador said:
Does call into question Quantum Breaks chances of making this year though, given it is not in the ad but Gigantic is.

Well it's been rumoured to be delayed to 2016, seems likely.

Microsoft said they don't know who the guy is that made that rumor.