By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U delayed until 2016, will not be at E3

MikeRox said:
Materia-Blade said:

It was releasing in 2015 untill devs changed their mind about what to acomplish.

It was never coming in 2015. As a lifetime Nintendo fan, I can assure you of that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6815723

It was planned to release in 2015 but a delay ocurred.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
MikeRox said:

It was never coming in 2015. As a lifetime Nintendo fan, I can assure you of that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6815723

And even if it was never formally announced as a 2015 title, a 2015 release date was expected so it's a delay.

Game should've been released November 2014 anyhow.

McDonaldsGuy said:
Volterra_90 said:
I'm calling Animal Crossing the big Nintendo holidays title. Not a fan, but it's indeed a big title. Maybe they have an announcement prepared for these days to try to stop the hate-train?

They are dropping the Wii U.

There is no excuse for a 4 year wait for a Zelda. The biggest wait for a console Zelda was 2 years with OOT.

How did you come up with 2 years?

Twilight Princess released in 2006. Skyward Sword in 2011.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

McDonaldsGuy said:
Materia-Blade said:

And even if it was never formally announced as a 2015 title, a 2015 release date was expected so it's a delay.

However, Nintendo's track record alone is enough to quantify that no book maker on the planet would have given odds on for a 2015 release of Zelda. Hence why so many of us were so confident to say this would be coming out 2016 best case scenario.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Curmudgeon said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

There is no excuse for a 4 year wait for a Zelda. The biggest wait for a console Zelda was 2 years with OOT.

Twilight Princess released in 2006. Skyward Sword in 201.

He means since the release of the console. 

Around the Network
Curmudgeon said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

He means within the release of a console. Twilight Princess released at the launch of Wii.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Curmudgeon said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

Twilight Princess released in 2006. Skyward Sword in 201.

Correct me if I am wrong on any of these, I am going merely by memory:

NES release date (USA): 1985. The Legend of Zelda release date: 1986

SNES release date: 1991. A Link to the Past release date: 1992

N64 release date: 1996. Ocarina of Time: 1998

GameCube: 2001. Wind Waker: 2003 (early)

Wii: 2006. Twilight Princess: 2006 (launch title)

So 4 years is way too long for a Zelda game. To me it's clear that this is an NX launch title or first year title for the NX. No other explanation. No other explanation would even be acceptable as far as I am concerned.

Horrible news.

MikeRox said:
Curmudgeon said:

He means within the release of a console. Twilight Princess released at the launch of Wii.

Oh I see. Still, Twilight Princes really was just a gamecube game ported to Wii right? In that sense Wii didn't get it's first original /exclusive Zelda game until Skyward Sword.

At least we already have Windwaker HD

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

MikeRox said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

However, Nintendo's track record alone is enough to quantify that no book maker on the planet would have given odds on for a 2015 release of Zelda. Hence why so many of us were so confident to say this would be coming out 2016 best case scenario.

I think for most people a 2015 release was expected, simply because they need a huge hit for 2015 holiday season. For 2013 they at least had Mario and 2014 Smash Bros.

A 2016 release date means it's an NX title AFAIC.