By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy a PS4 if you want exclusive games, says Michael Pachter

Author: Michael Harradence

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has suggested that gamers buy a PS4 if they are more concerned about exclusive software, but plump for Xbox One if they want non-exclusive titles.

Speaking with GamingBolt, Pachter extolled PS4’s exclusive line-up for 2015, though reckons Microsoft still have plenty of surprise announcements to come, possibly at E3 in June. It’s also worth remembering that some games, like Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, have now been delayed until 2016.

However, he made it clear PS4 is the place to go for exclusive content. 

"Yeah, I got schooled on Twitter by Phil Spencer because I said that I thought Sony’s lineup was really impressive, and I’m not sure that they’re all coming out this year, but they announced six of them at that PlayStation Experience back in December and I’m pretty sure four of them are coming out this year. But they announced a bunch of big titles, and some of them we already knew about, like The Order. But Phil shot back on Twitter saying I don’t know the Microsoft lineup, and theirs is quite comparable and quite competitive, so I have a feeling we’re going to get some announcements, perhaps as early as GDC, because Phil is doing the keynote at GDC, so I think that would be a good time for him to announce something. And I’m positive that by E3, they’ll announce something.

That’s what’s kind of cool about being a gamer right now is that, these guys want your business so badly that they’re going to keep coming up with cool stuff. Right now, I think you’re better off buying a PS4 if you care about these exclusive titles. If you care about the non-exclusive titles, you’re better off buying an Xbox One because it’s cheaper."

Do you agree with Pachter? Give us a shout in the comments section below.

http://www.psu.com

I understand he wants to garner some attention, but how I see it, every console has amazing exclusives. What are your thoughts fellow members of VGChartz?

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network

Uh. Shouldn't that be the other way around this year?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Saw it. This guy is a joke. BTW this gen PS4 is the default system; meaning its exclusive and multiplatform box.

It all depends on your taste really, each console has exclusives. But if solely referring to 3rd party exclusives then likely PS4 is the best chance right now.

He stopped short of, " however if you like Xbox one exclusives, go with them but you will have to wait until the end of the year. "

So no I don't agree with him.

The only game on Sony that interest me is Bloodborne

Around the Network

But that depends on what exclusives you want...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

What an odd thing to say.

Ehh, Pachter, go home, you're drunk, again.

This guy's fucking with us again.

Uhh, sure....