By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the 2015 become a best year in sales for all console?

Opinion?

Yep, 5/5 will be up. 7 16.67%

nope, 4/5 probabily 7 16.67%

nope, 3/5 probabily 14 33.33%

nope, 2/5 probabily 8 19.05%

nope, only a console will be up 3 7.14%

nope, all console will down compared to 2014. 3 7.14%

Total:42
Ryng_Tolu said:
Mummelmann said:

And how much of that 90% is due to N3DS having released two weeks ago (in current front page numbers)? Launch weeks for consoles is nothing to base predictions off of, the Wii U had great launch numbers, better than the PS4 in Japan. I thought you would have figured the same, or is it just an oversight?

If the 3DS is down 5% in its strongest territory by far after the N3DS launch, what does that mean is likely for the west where the sales have been notably weaker for a long time?

it's useless write you prediction.

As i said, OF COURSE 3DS can be down, but said that is IMPOSSIBLE that will be up not have sense.

Impossible is perhaps harsh in some minds, but to me it really is. It was a similar case with the 2DS that was supposed to help the hardware be up yoy and yet it fell significantly despite the revision. A revision will not help a product line belonging to a market that is more or less going to disappear in its current form within a fairly short amount of time.

It was down by quite a bit in 2014; I don't see how it will follow that up with being up solely due to a revision (again; the 2DS was said to be the reason it would be up in 2014 as well), the console is turning 4 years old now and has received all its major software hits, I can't see a single reason for it to grow what so ever.

Around the Network

PS4 will rise, as will Xbox One and Wii U. Vita and 3DS... more so the latter, will be down. Last gen I am not too sure of.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Raze said:
I think the grand scheme overall, this generation will not perform as well as the previous generation. The blockbuster Wii sales will not be seen by anyone this generation.

Nor will any handheld reach DS sales... Probably not even PS3 sales.

1doesnotsimply

Turkish said:
Raze said:
I think the grand scheme overall, this generation will not perform as well as the previous generation. The blockbuster Wii sales will not be seen by anyone this generation.

If you mean reaching 100M as fast as Wii, no, no one will do that, if you mean no console will reach 100M at all, you'll be wrong. PS4 is destined to reach that milestone.

This gen won't perform as well and it's all due to Nintendo's casual audience gone. It painfully shows how much of the install base of Wii was comprised of non gamers.

I remain guarded, console gaming is growing stagnant and expensive at the same time. Maybe LTD it might, but definitely not before the next gen systems are released.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com