By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you feel about being the majority/minority gamer type on VGChartz?

What fanbase do you identify yourself most as?

Playstation 72 36.73%

Nintendo 70 35.71%

Xbox 15 7.65%

PC 31 15.82%

Mobile (Android/iOS) 3 1.53%

Dead platform (Atari/Sega) 5 2.55%

Total:196
Sunstrider said:
rolltide101x said:

It really is virtually impossible to not have a favorite platfrom..... It may not be night and day for you like with most of us but YOU DO play one platform more than the rest

Tbh, I'm not playing any games atm(for almost a month now), but I'm getting a Vita this or next month(hopefully!), then GTA V for PC on April then Splatoon, so yeah, that favoritism or playing one platform over the others are long gone from me, now, I only play what intrigues me, I feel like I'm getting old now .

Seems like you must spend a fortune in hardware, do not feel bad as I do as well! I own a PS4, PS3, PSVita, Gaming PC, 3DS, and a Wii U lol (ALOT more if we go back more gens)

Around the Network

I guess I'm in the minority, not many people buy all consoles.  I always look at the consoles objectively, last gen 360 was the console for multiplats so I bought all my multiplats on that, this gen its PS4 so I'm gonna buy all my multiplats on that. 

rolltide101x said:
Sunstrider said:

Tbh, I'm not playing any games atm(for almost a month now), but I'm getting a Vita this or next month(hopefully!), then GTA V for PC on April then Splatoon, so yeah, that favoritism or playing one platform over the others are long gone from me, now, I only play what intrigues me, I feel like I'm getting old now .

Seems like you must spend a fortune in hardware, do not feel bad as I do as well! I own a PS4, PS3, PSVita, Gaming PC, 3DS, and a Wii U lol (ALOT more if we go back more gens)

Hah! I wish! but no, I just save up for games that I really want to play and then games on the Vita that interests me like graphic novels, jrpg's etc. ., honestly though, I feel like games that are coming out I've played already, that's why I'm more excited for games like splatoon above all else, also Ori!

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Still on Team Sega.

I don't mind the minority part. Sega fans were always hardcore and outnumbered.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Still on Team Sega.

I don't mind the minority part. Sega fans were always hardcore and outnumbered.

LOL

Around the Network

im like Playstation = Xbox. i can't really choose a side, love them both. i liked some nintendo games back in the day too but not much into nintendo anymore (except pokemon, i love me some pokemon).

Since I have the least experience with Xbox games, it's nice have a lot of people interested in Nintendo and Sony exclusives. That being said, I do like the XBO exclusives I've played - particularly Sunset Overdrive and Killer Instinct. Not much of a chance to talk about those.

I'm a fan of games, everything else is bullshit drama.

I don't identify myself with any one fandom but on this specific forum I am seen as an Xbox guy because a lot of my closer friends are from the Xbox crowd, which is fine I suppose.

I game on every console and PC included, yeah I'm one of those guys who gets every console lol

I'm primarily a PC gamer (i'll often go months without turning on a console i like), but being in a minority here has never really bothered me. The community is, at least in my experience, much more broadly accepting of us than any other fanbase (helped a lot by how the majority of our 'fanboys' avoid console dominated sites).

I don't really talk much about PC here though, i tend to keep that to the people who i play PC games with. Right now I mostly focus on Sony and Nintendo discussions, with occasional dabbles into Xbox topics when it's about a game i don't think will end up on PC. I wouldn't really consider myself a 'fan' of any of them though (or PC, really). I'll go wherever the games and experiences i want are. I'm not a faithful wife :p