By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon - How would other companies market it?

Splatoon Marketing could be handled well by:

Sony 4 6.56%

Microsoft 1 1.64%

Square Enix 3 4.92%

Ubisoft 4 6.56%

EA 4 6.56%

Activision 3 4.92%

... I'm just praying Nin... 42 68.85%

Total:61
Captain_Yuri said:

She's a girl but seconded! For both

I mean, to me "guy" is gender neutral unless you're specifically trying to clarify a gender.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Captain_Yuri said:

She's a girl but seconded! For both

I mean, to me "guy" is gender neutral unless you're specifically trying to clarify a gender.

Neh, hard to tell what people's opinions of "guy" referes to online through text

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

spemanig said:

I think "guy" is specifically male, but "guys" is gender neutral. As in "any of you guys wanna play Splatoon?"

Only Nintendo

Dr.Vita said:
Only Nintendo

You don't think Sony could advertise something like this? Didn't they do a pretty good job creating awareness of Little Big Planet when it first came along last gen?

Around the Network
Twilord said:
Dr.Vita said:
Only Nintendo

You don't think Sony could advertise something like this? Didn't they do a pretty good job creating awareness of Little Big Planet when it first came along last gen?

You can't compare Splatoon with LittleBigPlanet. 
Look at Drawn to Death, Sony doesn't care that the game is Free2Play...

I'm sure there are a number of companies that can market the game better... though I'm not so sure about developing them

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Dr.Vita said:
Twilord said:

You can't compare Splatoon with LittleBigPlanet. 
Look at Drawn to Death, Sony doesn't care that the game is Free2Play...

I went straight for a last gen success to advertise something that went against the grain of last gen's trends but I see the reason for your comparison. 

Is Drawn To Death likely to be as big as Splatoon and most AAA shooters because I'm planning to get a PS4 and it looks kinda good.

vivster said:
Make everything black, give everyone a cape and say it's Batman.

Give everyone a gun with live ammo, then add 400 different kinds of guns, promise to bring it to Wii U exclusively, then make it timed exclusive, then release on all at once, then delay Wii U, add prostitution in some form, then gimp Wii U version, then cancel Wii U. Release game with bugs on all other platform. Announce release date for Wii U version without DLC included. Release on Wii U a year later after game has been slated bny critics. Still clean up with a massive amount of profit , but the game only sell 120,000 copies on Wii U.

Release a sequal 12 months later. Don't include Wii U due to bad sales of first game. Change name of Sequal to Splatkill with extra blood for the masses.

the_dengle said:

Other companies wouldn't make it. But EA seems to have done alright with Garden Warfare, so maybe them? Then again that was based on an established IP, so they didn't really have to do any heavy lifting.

I mean Sony or Microsoft would probably do okay.

The Nerf idea is a good one, but why not Super Soaker? It's a summer game coming out in May. A Super Soaker collaboration would be perfect.

With color dye for the water. Everytime their mom or dad washes their clothes, they would be inspired to pay out for splatoon.