By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo franchise returning to PC as Halo Online Free-to-Play game

Well i hope it turns well. It's not like they made the decision without researching the market and potential consumer. I believe there is a reason behind this that benefit Microsoft either for their Xbox flagship or PC flagship.

Around the Network

I'm expecting this to be ported as a Nintendo mobile device (NX) exclusive to the Chinese market by July 2019 with full 3d, touchscreen controls, and Nintendo dlc character designs with 100 people online battles all in 4k and 120 fps.

This all sounds WAY too similar to the F.E.A.R. Online setup, where a publisher hands off it's license to a fringe developer for a cash-in f2p game. And it being isolated to Russia (literally on the opposite side of the world relative to their main market, the US) sends up all kinds of red flags for me.

At least now we'll know, what face is under Masterchief's helmet...

)))

Some photos to you. Since this thread doesn't have any.

Also there's some first reaction of Russian gamepress from the event. If anybody interested I can translate to you their reactions to the build they played.

Around the Network

In fact its quite a smart move.
1. PC gaming is VERY popular in Russia.
2. FTP is popular in Russia too.
3. Halo is not very famous here. We have the games, Halo 4 was translated to Russian, we even have some Halo-licensed books in the shops but the overall interest is small.

I think this game can have a success between Russian schoolchildren. And then it can help to achieve three targets simultaneously - to test the grounds for Halo MMO, to make Halo brand more famous on Russian-speaking market and to earn some money.

A step in the right direction. This will open the door for the Order 1886 F2P online multiplayer game exclusive to Urugay people are craving

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

First trailer.
https://youtu.be/612_qzVHRQg

Sharu said:
First trailer.

Wow. So essentially it's Halo 3 with better graphics and a f2p system? Why isn't this everywhere??

Edit: That's some Halo 4 mixed in there with the abilities and equipment.

jlmurph2 said:
Sharu said:
First trailer.

Wow. So essentially it's Halo 3 with better graphics and a f2p system? Why isn't this everywhere??

Edit: That's some Halo 4 mixed in there with the abilities and equipment.

Yes, Its improved Halo3 engine with some bells and whistles from Halo 4 and usual 1080p/60fps/AA/AF from pc master race. Some maps are from Halo3/4, some are brand new. 
I think its not got hot because its Russian only at the moment...