By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gravity rush 2 ps4 exclusivity impact on vita fans

On a personal note, I hate handhelds and hope Sony only puts stuff on PS4 without wasting exclusives on a dead handheld anyway. It's like if I kept updating the software on Mark II, doesn't make any sense.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
drdante said:
I've been ranting about this for a very long time now.

I have PS4 and Vita but Vita also deserve exclusives that justify its name and GR plays a big role in that, so does Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars, etc.

Now we can see that GR and Tearaway are making debut on PS4 and I'm not happy with it. PS4 is getting too much supports already from 1st to 3rd parties while Vita is only getting JRPGs, indies and if lucky, ports.

As much as I love JRPGs and indies I would also want more exclusives from the west like Killzone Mercenaries, Uncharted: GA and more. But too bad now.......Westerns don't like Vita

I don't think there such thing as too much support . . . But I do agree that the Vita doesn't have enough support (excluding form Japan of course).

PS4 and PS3 fans have been slapped in the face by Vita exclusives long enough. This is just regular reparations.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

it will give a middle finger to most of Vita user, but then again, they will gain more support from PS4 fans which is still PS brand fans , Sacrifice need to be done.

It will be a slap to the face, but this is Gravity Rush we're talking about.. I will still play it to support the franchise because I like it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I feel like I have no business being here, but I just want to say this. GD is the game I would buy a Vita for as I would for 2. It would be kind of sad for me if the series switched to PS4, as the series feels like its home is on the Vita. I would at least accept if GD2 was also on the Vita, as I feel it belongs there first.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

VanceIX said:
Ruler said:
The vita still gets a lot of jrpgs and other third party games from japan. Its a great system to own

I own 2 Vitas, and no, it's really not. Sure, you get some JRPGs, but most don't get localized and those that do are on PS3/PS4 too half the time. So, for the price of a Vita and a memory card ($200+), you get a JRPG and indie machine, with almost no first party support.

I personally love mine, but that's only because I'm a hardcore JRPG fan. Even then I haven't touched it in over a month.

why are you comparing it with the ps3 and ps4? You have to compare it to the competition, the 3DS. Despite the vita selling lower units its 5 to 1, the vita still gets more multiplats in recent months not avaible for the 3DS. You pretty much have to own both hanhelds now as the vita is now getting all the jrpgs and third party games like resident revelation 2.

Saying its only because youre hardcore jrpg fan is like saying: you only like the 3DS because because youre a hardcore nintendo fan. The games are there for the vita. 

Sony made a great job getting games as much as possible without wasting any money, its remarkle for a system being only sold 10 milllion units so far.

here a comparison of 3DS vs PSvita game releases last 3 months

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_date_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A3010556011%2Ck%3Aplaystation+vita%2Cp_n_date%3A1249089011&keywords=playstation+vita&ie=UTF8&qid=1427253799&rnid=1249087011

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A%2111846801%2Cn%3A2622269011%2Cp_n_date%3A1249089011&bbn=2622269011&ie=UTF8&qid=1427253852

if it was only on the PS4 I would be pissed even though I own a PS4, it would be a slap in the face as Vita owners are what made it a household name (in the Vita community) that and it was free for months via PS+; it's almost like the Type-0 situation where Vita/PSP owners petitioned hard for it(outside Japan) only for it to come stateside for  two entirely different systems.

I have a Vita and PS4 so I am covered. It would suck for vita only owners who are looking forward to it. I think it has a better chance to get the sales it deserves on the PS4 though.

arcane_chaos said:

if it was only on the PS4 I would be pissed even though I own a PS4, it would be a slap in the face as Vita owners are what made it a household name (in the Vita community) that and it was free for months via PS+; it's almost like the Type-0 situation where Vita/PSP owners petitioned hard for it(outside Japan) only for it to come stateside for  two entirely different systems.

Exactly! Only this time it was way more worse than that because the parent company itself pull it away from Vita.

Its like Sony has a very beautiful cute little daughter who has a chronic disease and needs medicine everyday to live and Sony stopped giving that medicine and willing to watch his own child slowly die.