By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best Fighting Game and Why?

What is the best Fighting Game?

Street Fighter 39 17.18%

Tekken 31 13.66%

Super Smash Bros 97 42.73%

Dead or Alive 7 3.08%

DBZ Games(Budokai,Tenkaichi) 6 2.64%

Mortal Kombat 16 7.05%

Soul Calibur 10 4.41%

WWE 0 0%

King Of Fighter 8 3.52%

others 13 5.73%

Total:227

3D Fighting games Soul Calibur series followed by Tekken and Virtua Fighter series and Power stone (too bad Capcom kill this )

2D (side scrolling) Guilty Gear series, Street Fighter series and cross tittle series ( Super Smash Brothers, Marvel VS capcom etc).

Around the Network

Where's the Shaq Fu love? :P

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Mortal Kombat (II is even better)
Tekken 3
Dead or Alive 3

Not a big fan of mega combos or juggling... but a little bit of it is ok. Fighting should be part timing and part strategy, not knowing insane button combos (although that takes talent).

I'm currently playing Tekken Tag on the Wii U but long for Dead or Alive 5 to be ported because I love the counter moves.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Voted Smash.

I played a bit of Uniel, I really like it. It has some great music.

Mash Mothers. Sid-dia is a close second.

Lube Me Up

SF4 owned my soul for years. The fighting engine has several different nuances that the average gamer would not know about. Those nuances can allow your fighter to do things some would think impossible. Great game that was surprisingly deep.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Cloudman said:
Hiku said:

Yeah KOF's character design is one of the main reasons I got into the series. Rock Howard ftw! (Though he didn't technically originate from the KOF series.) Sadly I think SF4 is for the most part pretty weak in the character design department. The different modes in CVS really made things interesting, as it appealed to many different gamestyle preferences (parrying for example) and could also make a character better or worse depending on the mode you chose. Really wish we'll see CVS3 some day.

Yeah, there were so many characters I liked! Iori, Kasumi, Vanessa, King, Yamazaki, K9999, there`s so many cool characters! x ) Terry was my favorite, but I think CvsSNK cemented that with Terry`s voice in that game. It sounded so cool and funny with "Powa Wave!" and "Are you okay? BUSTER WOLF!" I really like how they changed Athena`s costumes in every game : )

I liked the goofy feeling style of SF4, but for some reason I couldn`t get into it. I guess I like sprites more...

Yeah, SNK has a lot of great characters. Rock Howard is also one of my favorites, though he didn't originate from the KOF series.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves... B-) Man, what a well made game. Those sprites and animations were so good... And the characters were interesting too. It was interesting that two of them were Kim's kids. It was soo good, and hard...! Haha, usually SNK difficulty...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Smash Bros. and then the whatever vs. Capcom games (Marvel, Tatsunoko). I just watched the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament on twitch last week and man it was crazy hype - but not as hype as Melee tournament at APEX.

I prefer Smash myself; I'm too much of a scrub to make a serious effort towards getting good at the complex inputs required for most fighting games. Had tons of fun with Killer Instinct as a button mashing affair though.

Ballz on 3DO anyone? No? Only me?...yea thought so...

My favorite fighting games of all-time are:

1. Soulcalibur (Dreamcast)
2. DoA: Hardcore (PS2)
3. Bushido Blade (PS1)
4. Tekken 3 (PS1)
5. Mortal Kombat 2 (SNES)

If I had to nail it down to a series, I'd say Soulcalibur, even if the last one was mediocre. I loved MK2 and MK3 but I've lost interest in 2D fighters since then. Also, I absolutely cannot stand the "Hulk Hands/Hulk Feet" from Street Fighter, though I did play the hell out of SF3 it at the arcade.