By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Remastered coming to PS4 July 14th - screens and trailer

Clyde32 said:

There seems to be a contradiction here...

Regardless, Majora's Mask is 15 years old, and Wind Waker was 11 when that game came out. God of War 3 is 5 years old. That's not even a full generation.

Yet the hardware gap is largely the same. Nintendo doesn't set Sony's pace.

Around the Network

30 fps confirmed???

This is getting embarrassing, I understand the remaster of collections, but just 1 game is dumb, there isn't even an incentive or perk for the remaster.

Photo Mode:

Roronaa_chan said:
Clyde32 said:

There seems to be a contradiction here...

Regardless, Majora's Mask is 15 years old, and Wind Waker was 11 when that game came out. God of War 3 is 5 years old. That's not even a full generation.

Yet the hardware gap is largely the same. Nintendo doesn't set Sony's pace.

I'm pretty sure at this point you're just trying to see what sticks, so I'll put it this way. 

You can still buy this game on PSNow on the PS4. PS3's are still being produced. You can still buy a PS3 from Sony to play this game. Neither can be said for both Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. There was no stock shortage when the game came out, there was no treason why this was inaccessible, and once again, PSNow.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Angelus said:

That's your opinion. My opinion is that it's companies taking advantage of the new gen's lack of backwards compatibility, and that they'll remember how successful it was when it comes to deciding whether any future systems should be backwards compatible. Sure it's good for them. Not for gamers though 

The reason why PS4 and X1 are not backwards compatible are the developers and not the publishers. Because they recognized that the last architectures used for the consoles were complete and utter shit and pleaded the console manufacturers to choose a more simple architecture. Hence why we had to switch to a system that is closer to PCs. This switch was made to benefit developers who could develop games easier which will in fact in the end benefit the consumer.

You know what also benefits the consumer? Making the consoles as cheap as possible. Hence the manufacturers didn't add BC because it would make the console significantly more expensive and complex.

So the real people to blame here are the cheap ass entitled consumers who want a cheap ass piece of plastic that is tightly fit without any room for actual technology. Would you have bought a $600 PS4 that's bigger, hotter and consumes more energy? I would've, but the mainstream console gamer wouldn't. So blame those bastards.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying it's the publishers' fault that these current systems lack backwards compatibility. I'm saying that they will look at the easy profit that has yielded as a result and come up with a simple excuse next gen for why those shouldn't be backwards compatible, even if the architecture doesn't change much.

You're completely correct in everything else 

true_fan said:
This is getting embarrassing, I understand the remaster of collections, but just 1 game is dumb, there isn't even an incentive or perk for the remaster.

Better have one functioning game rather than not functioning collection.

I would understand if it was a collection,but just god of war 3? for $60?

yep, this thread went exactly how i expected it would. heading back to more sensible gaming site again.

peace.

Why not the entire collection? Not sure what the price is but it should be $20-$30 tops IMO